Teacher 1st and 2nd Grade Teacher
With 135 students, Carbondale Community School is a tuition free public charter school that provides a balanced, integrated curriculum that encourages inquisitive, independent and self-motivated learners, incorporating strong academic skills woven into project-based learning opportunities. This curriculum is achieved within the context of community, service, social-emotional development, outdoor education, and the visual and performing arts.
CCS strives to maintain a healthy social, emotional, and physical environment with high educational standards and a focus on the four guiding points of our school’s compass:
- Social Justice: Teaching and modeling social responsibility, respect, tolerance, diversity, service, caring, compassion, integrity, equity and peace.
- Community: Building a strong sense of community through parental, student, teacher and community involvement and volunteerism.
- Responsibility: Embracing individuality, personal responsibility and accountability.
- Lifelong Learning: Pursuing a progressive, child-centered approach to creative, self-directed, lifelong learning.
- Highly Qualified in Elementary Education.
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Experience teaching in a 1st or 2nd grade classroom
- Comfortable co-teaching in a multi-age classroom
- Ability to collaborate and build enduring relationships with students, staff, and families
- Knowledge of and experience delivering scientific, research-based literacy instruction
- Knowledge of and experience with high quality, Common Core-aligned mathematics instruction
- Adept at planning and delivering effective and engaging instruction that positively impacts all students’ achievement and growth
- Experience designing rigorous, integrated, project-based learning experiences for a wide range of learners
- Background in outdoor and experiential education
- Proficient at creating a positive, cooperative classroom culture through high expectations, consistent routines, and a focus on social-emotional development and service leadership
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in response to individual strengths and needs
- Skilled at using frequent formal and informal assessment, delivering growth-minded written and verbal feedback, analyzing data, and adjusting instruction to achieve exceptional results
- Previous experience working with a teaching partner or team to achieve common, student-focused goals
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to grow professionally and personally
- Passion for social justice and community connections
How to ApplySend letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by 10am, June 23.
58 total views, 1 today