Principal or Vice Principal Assistant Principal
DO YOU LIVE OUR GROW VALUES?
Grit : Our work is fun, but it is also hard. We look every challenge square in the face and say, “bring it on!” We are not afraid to fail. When we do, we pick ourselves up. When others do, we extend a hand.
Relationships: Roots is a school family. We respect ourteachers, our classmates, our community and ourselves. We see strengths in all people first. We use our words to solve problems and always assume the best. Our kindness is contagious.
Ownership: We take ownership over our words and actions. We are open and honest. We make plansfor our plans. We freely admit mistakes and embrace difficult conversations. We deeply feel our shared responsibility for all our scholars.
Wonder : Education done right begins and ends in wonder. We marvel at – and are humbled by – one another and the world around us. We are obsessed with questions – the questions we ask our scholars, ourselves, our teammates, and most importantly the questions we inspire our scholars to ask of us.
DO YOU WANT TO…
- Directly lead the instructional coaching and planning support and review for a subset of Roots teachers
- Work directly with the Principal to identify school-wide priorities for improvement, develop session materials, and lead professional learning sessions with the teaching team
- Work closely with the Principal to recruit and hire the next generation of Roots teachers
- Constantly refine your skills as an instructional leader through coaching, feedback and professional development
- Be an innovator in your field, push the limits of what’s possible, try new things, experiment and reflect
- Wear a wide variety of hats and do whatever it takes for our scholars to be successful
DO YOU HAVE…
- An unwavering personal commitment to closing the opportunity gap for all children in our time
- 2-4+ years of experience driving superior results in an elementary school classroom and 2-4+ years of experience coaching other teachers to do the same, ideally in a high performing charter environment
- Data in your veins: you analyze, interpret, and use data to collaborate, identify gaps, and drive results
- Strong project management skills including goal setting, backwards planning and efficient execution
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to form strong working relationships quickly and maintain them through conflict
- A growth mindset that drives you to constantly seek feedback and development opportunities to improve
- An entrepreneurial mindset that drives you to do “whatever it takes” for students to be successful, often demanding a commitment to flexibility, wearing many hats, and pitching in where you can to reach our common goals
How to ApplyIS THIS YOU? Please send the following four items to email@example.com in order to complete your application:
- Your detailed resume
- Three professional references (including email addresses)
- A ~10 min video of yourself teaching “whole-group.” This can be linked in or attached to an email.
- A brief, but thoughtful response to the following questions: (250 total word limit)
- Is it more important to be caring or strict?
- Is it more important to be rigorous or developmentally appropriate?
633 total views, 2 today