Teacher BUGS- MIDDLE SCHOOL SPANISH TEACHER
The Brooklyn Urban Garden School (BUGS), a small, independent, progressive charter school in South Slope/Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn is looking for a Middle School Spanish Teacher.
BUGS educators are passionate and creative teachers, collaborative colleagues, and engaged community members who believe in our mission to provide a hands-on, interdisciplinary education to young adolescents of all abilities and backgrounds, with a focus on real-world problem solving and the exploration of environmental sustainability.
At BUGS, we value and respect teachers as educators, professionals, and individuals. As a growing faculty and community, we offer many opportunities for innovation, professional growth, and teacher leadership. We feature a strong, supportive community of learners, an active parent-teacher organization, and a positive student and staff culture.
BUGS team members are:
- Passionate about their content areas
- Dedicated to regularly assessing students and using the results to inform instruction
- Models of sustainability
- Able to empower adolescents to find their voice and take charge of their learning
- Collaborative with colleagues, students, and families
- Innovative self-starters who contribute to the good of a diverse community
- Committed to coaching adolescents in interpersonal skills and making good choices
- Passionate about getting students outdoors
- Reflective and open-minded
Our teachers are responsible for teaching subject-area courses in the context of an interdisciplinary, sustainability-focused curriculum. Teachers are supported in using project-based methodology and designing on-going fieldwork to enrich the units of study.
- Knowledge and passion of the Spanish language along with Hispanic history and culture
- Knowledge of NY Spanish assessments and curriculum
- New York State Teaching certification, highly preferred
- Two years of teaching experience, highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Desire to work in a heterogeneous classroom with a range of ability levels and students of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Commitment to collaboration, sustainability, continuous professional growth, and student achievement
- Preference given to candidates who have experience working with middle school populations
BUGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and staff. BUGS strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
How to Apply
77 total views, 1 today