Marketing and Communications Development Manager
Northside Charter High School is looking for a Development Manager.
Northside Charter High School (NCHS) is a single site, publicly chartered secondary school located in Brooklyn, New York.
NCHS Mission: The mission of Northside Charter High School (NCHS) is to provide a grade 9-12 educational program that results in mastery of the New York State Learning Standards, high school graduation, and acceptance to colleges and universities of choice by all students.
NCHS Vision: NCHS graduates will be prepared for their life journey, having the agency and competency to fulfill their goals through academic self-efficacy, strong emotional intelligence, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills. An NCHS education will be well-rounded with strength in academics, the arts, Latin, technology, and athletics.
We’re looking for a fundraising professional to work closely with NCHS leadership and the Board of Trustees to ensure the school has the resources needed to continue offering quality education and enrichment programming to this community for the long-term. This position will play a key role in the development and execution of short and long-term fundraising strategies, including future capital projects.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board members on overall fundraising strategy, generating timelines and project management systems, and collaborate with the team to complete all development-related tasks.
- Oversee donor development, solicitation & acknowledgement; Candidate should have experience securing individual gifts and donations/sponsorships via events.
- Organize and oversee fundraising event planning and coordination.
- Researches grants in the education and youth development sectors and presents opportunities to school leadership and the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate grant applications and reports, including collating information needed for the application or report, writing first drafts, editing final drafts, preparing budgets and other attachments and submitting all necessary information. Research new potential funding sources.
- Collaborate with staff to create marketing materials such as the annual report, newsletters, etc.
Qualification, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ work experience in a combination of grant writing, fundraising, AND marketing
- 2+ years of experience implementing non-profit marketing campaigns, including multiple social media channels
- Experience coordinating special events
- Strong tech and social media skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and seamlessly manage various priorities and tasks simultaneously in a growing, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Incredibly high attention to detail, a results-based orientation, and strong problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate internally and externally to achieve goals
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust work schedule as necessary
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character with demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
- Strong call to serve with a commitment to youth and their potential to thrive
- NYSED Fingerprint Clearance
How to ApplyAPPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants may email cover letter and resume to:
- Jesenia Rodriguez, Director of Human Resources at: Jobs@northsidechs.org
191 total views, 2 today