Operations Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Start Date: June 2017
Location: Harlem, NY
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem (NCSH) has been chartered by the New York State Education Department and opened in Central Harlem in August 2012 with kindergarten and first grade. As of the 2017-2018 academic year, NCSH will serve grades K-6 and will add a grade each year thereafter until the school accommodates scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade. The school has an accomplished and committed Board, which includes its two founders as well as a Head of School. We are looking for experienced educators who are excited by the challenge of being part of the school and have the dedication and motivation to make it happen.
Mission of the School
Our mission is to provide the children of Harlem with new educational opportunities through a rigorous, comprehensive K-8 program that cultivates the intellectual, social and emotional development of each child. Our students, who include high-functioning children with autism spectrum disorders, will become independent learners and critical thinkers, will acquire the academic skills that they need to succeed in college preparatory high schools and will exhibit the social and emotional skills that will allow them to reach their full potential.
The Chief Operating Officer (CoO) of NCSH is seeking a highly organized, detail oriented, energetic operational leader who is committed to urban education and excited by the challenge of working for a growing organization that has plans to replicate.
NCSH is one school in two locations. The Director of Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day operations at both campuses. He/she will oversee the operational policies and procedures of the school, including recruitment, admissions, technology, transportation, facilities, etc. The successful candidate will be high-energy, hands-on and willing to do whatever it takes. The Director of Operations will be a member of the school Leadership Team, which includes a Principal and Assistant Principal.
- Maintain existing and establish new effective data management systems (e.g., enrollment and admissions procedures and records; attendance procedures and records, etc.);
- With the support of the CoO, ensure compliance with all state, federal, and local employment laws and policies
- Oversees the school’s facility; manages maintenance, renovation and construction
- Develops and implements the school’s safety plan
- Ensures compliance with health regulations including overseeing the school nurse
- Oversees technology needs and operations
- Recruits, hires, trains and manages administrative and operations personnel in coordination with the CoO, including annual performance evaluation of administrative and operations personnel
- Develops, modifies and implements the school’s student recruitment/outreach plan, in cooperation with the CoO
- Coordinates effectively with the DOE in such areas as transportation, food, etc.
- Coordinates and supports parent/family education and community events
- Participates in the management of the school as a member of the Leadership Team
- Directly supervise a five-member school based Operations team across two campuses
- An entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the school’s success
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years experience in teaching and/or operations management preferably including experience in a non-profit organization
- Strong interest in and commitment to education and academic achievement
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize and manage time effectively while working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand the mission of the organization and establish, implement and maintain or modify systems and procedures that support the mission
- Ability to work productively with others, including school staff, parents, outside financial professionals and DOE personnel
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
We offer a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Director of Operations” in the subject line of your e-mail.
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyE-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please type “Director of Operations” in the subject line of your e-mail.
409 total views, 1 today