School Network Staff Director of Talent
Director of Talent
Start Date: Summer 2017
Location: New York, New York
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem (NCSH) has been chartered by the New York State Education Department and opened in Central Harlem in August 2012 with kindergarten and first grade. As of the 2017-2018 academic year, NCSH will serve grades K-6 and will add a grade each year thereafter until the school accommodates scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade. The school has an accomplished and committed Board, which includes its two founders as well as a Head of School. We are looking for experienced educators who are excited by the challenge of being part of the school and have the dedication and motivation to make it happen.
Mission of the School
Our mission is to provide the children of Harlem with new educational opportunities through a rigorous, comprehensive K-8 program that cultivates the intellectual, social and emotional development of each child. Our students, who include high-functioning children with autism spectrum disorders, will become independent learners and critical thinkers, will acquire the academic skills that they need to succeed in college preparatory high schools and will exhibit the social and emotional skills that will allow them to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities of the Director of Talent
- Maintain and enhance the school’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating policies, programs and practices
- Facilitate all new hires and departures
- Design and facilitate new initiatives, which keep morale high at the school
- Represent the school at events, which promote the school
- Responsible for marketing and branding the school in the community and throughout the city
- Build a talent pipeline and new career pathways for educators who can be effective in a high-accountability school environment
- Create best-in-class recruitment strategies that enable us to recruit high-quality candidates for teaching and office roles
- Any other responsibilities designated by Head of School or Director of Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree strongly desired in related field (human relations, communications, management, etc.)
- Experience working in an urban area with an unyielding belief in city schools
- Personal and professional dedication to public education and high expectations for scholars in New York City
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, no excuses environment
- Self-starter and motivated to “think outside of the box”
- Ability to work long hours, which includes early arrival and late departure
- Have high expectations for self and other staff members
- Ability to “connect” with staff, families, community and scholars
- Ability to address large crowds of people with superior speaking abilities
NCSH offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
E-mail cover letter and resume to Mr. Brett Gallini, Head of School, at email@example.com. Please type “Director of Talent” in the subject line of your e-mail.
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyE-mail cover letter and resume to Mr. Brett Gallini, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Director of Talent” in the subject line of your e-mail.
101 total views, 1 today