Teacher English Language Learners (ELL) Teacher
About Mott Hall Charter School:
Mott Hall Charter School (MHCS) is a small public middle school whose mission is to prepare our scholars in mind, body, and character to succeed in top high schools, college, and careers by becoming inquisitive, open-minded, and compassionate citizens of the world. We accomplish this through a whole child approach including the International Baccalaureate Program, enhanced counseling and character development, 21st century technology infusion, and our career and college readiness program.
We are a Professional Learning Community, where all teachers are supported by experienced educators, and honored as professionals with leadership pathways to advance their careers. Our education program is grounded in evidence-based research of how students learn best. All teachers receive training in the following six components of Mott Hall’s 21st century approach to teaching:
- Student-Centered methods of instruction
- Effective classroom management approaches
- The latest research in adolescent development and social emotional health
- How to integrate literacy into lessons regardless of content area
- How to use technology to accelerate student learning
- How to use data to inform instruction and improve student outcomes
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will:
- Implement components of the School’s college and career readiness program.
- Participate in collaborative planning in content-specific teams and interdisciplinary teams and develop interdisciplinary, project-based units of study throughout the school year.
- Integrate instructional technology into student learning activities.
- Follows a “push-in” model
- Lead educational field trips and service learning experiences.
- Attend parental engagement activities including parent/teacher conferences, open houses, and maintain frequent communication with parents through a variety of communication channels.
- Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in English in the Core Curriculum Content Standards. Instruction must be consistent and coordinated with the district’s instructional program so that students meet and exceed learning targets and the requirements outlined in the state and federal law.
- Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in content areas at levels that ensure learners meet or exceed learning targets.
- Administers academic and language assessments as well as State assessments (NYSESLAT) for the purpose of evaluating student’s progress in meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of student’s progress and evidence of growth and progress.
- Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
- Understands and complies with the policies, rules, and regulations regarding the English Language Learners.
- Use the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme as the School’s framework for teaching and learning.
- New York State certification Grades K-6, 5-9, or 7-12 in appropriate subject area.
- TESOL or bilingual certified
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
- Our beginning compensation is 15% higher than New York City Department of Education with bonuses for performance and longevity increases of 5% after 3, 6, and 9 years and 10% after 14 and 19 years.
- ELA and Math teachers receive an annual $5,000 bonus for surpassing the local district average and $10,000 for meeting or exceeding State average on the NYS ELA and mathematics exams.
- Comprehensive health benefits and retirement plan with employer match of 3% in year 1-5 and 5% in year 6 and beyond.
- Paid parking or metro card
- Signing incentive of $500 to welcome you to the team!
How to ApplyTo apply send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, please add the subject area and your full name.
39 total views, 1 today