Instructional Support Instructional Coach – New Mexico (Bloomfield, Taos, Espanola)
About the Role
The Instructional Coach will be a key member of New Classrooms’ Instructional Support team, providing ongoing academic, instructional and leadership support to schools implementing New Classrooms programs in the Bloomfield/Taos/Espanola areas. The Instructional Coach in partnership with school teams and in partnership with New Classrooms teams supporting schools will plan and implement the mission of New Classrooms to reimagine the classroom. The coach will be responsible for developing school capacity, in concert with the overall academic design of the program that embraces an environment in which student thinking is actively promoted, valued, and made visible. The coach will be responsible for creating a positive adult learning culture within the math center that encourages teachers to discuss how to support students to develop skills in collaboration, communication, independence, problem solving, and reasoning as they attempt to solve real-world mathematical problems.
What You Would Do
- Deliver ongoing professional development and/or consultation in partnership schools in the Bloomfield/Taos/Espanola areas
- Serve as coaching lead for the Bloomfield/Taos/Espanola areas
- Help principals and school leaders to develop and foster instructional expectations within the context of a professional learning community
- Support teacher teams and school administrators in collecting, interpreting, and making instructional changes based upon student achievement data and work samples
- Ensure that participating schools have a system in place for regularly assessing and evaluating all students and staff to support higher levels of performance
- Implement special projects such as orientations, summer institutes, and cross-school events
- Build strong relationships with school leaders and teachers to engage schools as key partners in increasing student achievement
- Actively participate in the design of a coherent approach to school instructional support and coaching
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in education administration and/or leadership
- Master’s or advanced degree(s) in education administration or a related field
- Demonstrated experience and passion for work in K-12 education
- Experience working in public schools, either in a teaching capacity or other professional role
- Experience leading a school reform effort, either as a staff member or an outside facilitator preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of theory and practice of school reform and instruction, curriculum, and assessment preferred
- Mastery of middle school mathematics preferred
- Strong facilitation and teaming skills
- Natural tendency toward innovative and creative problem solving
- Comfort working in a highly collaborative start-up/entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to recognize and act upon unforeseen opportunities
- Ability to maintain organizational commitment to high quality work products, and give and receive feedback
Job descriptions provide an overview of the position, but are not designed to dictate responsibilities. Every member of the New Classrooms team is prepared to carry out any task regardless of title or department in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for more than 13,000 students in 40 pioneering schools in 10 states and Washington D.C. this fall. New Classrooms’ first-of-its-kind technology draws from tens of thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visit www.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization. Our team includes a dynamic mix of education policy experts, passionate academics, technology junkies, and business entrepreneurs. We all share a strong belief in every child and a deep-seated interest in improving our schools, solving problems in innovative ways, and getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment.
Working at New Classrooms
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that continually looks to match our team members with roles that fit their strengths and interests. We look to bring on new team members who share a deep-seated interest in improving our nation’s schools, solving problems in innovative ways, getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment, and growing professionally.
How to ApplyApplication Information To Apply Please submit both your cover letter and resume via our online application system. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Equal Opportunity All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Work Authorization In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
49 total views, 1 today