School Network Staff Instructional Technology Coach K-6
Instructional Technology Coach K-6
Mott Haven Academy Charter School (Haven Academy) was founded in 2008 and currently serves students in grades Pre-K through grade 5. As the first charter school in the country specifically designed to meet the needs of children in the child welfare system, Haven Academy is a one of a kind place that offers passionate educators an opportunity to make a difference in today’s education landscape.
Located just two stops from Manhattan in the Mott Haven section of the South Bronx, our unique educational model combines rigorous, data-driven instruction with a variety of on-site social-emotional supports for our distinctive population of general community and child welfare students. Haven Academy is expanding to middle school grades with a target launch date of the 2017-2018 school year. We plan to add one grade per year until we reach full capacity at grade 8. In preparation for this expansion, we are seeking an Instructional Technology Coach. This role included planning time in July and August for our Fall 2017 opening.
Our outstanding educators are provided with unmatched opportunities for rewarding professional growth, are committed to using data to improve student results, possess exceptional professionalism, and embrace our school’s belief that all students, regardless of economic status or family structure, are entitled to learn in a system that gives them the best chance for success. Join our team as we pave the way for children in foster care in our groundbreaking academic program.
- Collaborate with co-teacher teams and instructional coaches to develop and support highly engaging, academically rigorous curriculum and lessons that integrate technology into current curriculum in order to improve student achievement.
- Support teachers in their use of technology in all curricular areas, including observation, coaching and mentoring.
- Instruct Technology classes for our middle school students a few times a week
- Collaborate with Director of Technology to coordinate professional development related to technology integration.
- Provide support before, during, or after school for the implementation and integration of technology into the classroom. This requires a robust knowledge base of instructional technologies
- Provide leadership in the areas of curriculum and instruction as it relates to blended learning and technology.
- Facilitate basic end-user troubleshooting on classroom technology
- Remain current on resources and trends in instructional technology and effective teaching strategies for tech integration
- Collaborate with STEM team to design school STEM program where it relates to tech.
- Master’s degree – preferably in Educational Technology
- NYS teaching certification Preferred
- Minimum three years full-time classroom teaching experience in an urban setting
- Google Educator Certification preferred
- Expert knowledge of Google Suite for Education
- Experience providing technical support to end users
- Previous technology support/coaching experience preferred
- Experience in delivering technology related professional development
- Possesses leadership skills
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to email@example.com
195 total views, 6 today