This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
12 Apr 2017
Teacher Lead Teacher
DO YOU LIVE OUR GROW VALUES?
|Grit||Our work is fun, but it is also hard. We look every challenge square in the face and say, “bring it on!” We are not afraid to fail. When we do, we pick ourselves up. When others do, we extend a hand.|
|Relationships||Roots is a school family. We respect our teachers, our classmates, our community and ourselves. We see strengths in all people first. We use our words to solve problems and always assume the best. Our kindness is contagious.|
|Ownership||We take ownership over our words and actions. We are open and honest. We make plans for our plans. We freely admit mistakes and embrace difficult conversations. We deeply feel our shared responsibility for all our scholars.|
|Wonder||Education done right begins and ends in wonder. We marvel at – and are humbled by – one another and the world around us. We are obsessed with questions – the questions we ask our scholars, ourselves, our teammates, and most importantly the questions we inspire our scholars to ask of us.|
DO YOU WANT TO…
- Teach like it’s soccer not tennis by joining a team of phenomenal educators working closely together in all aspects of their practice (note: if you like to close the door to your classroom and be left alone to work your magic, Roots is not for you)
- Help you your scholars build the academic and non-academic skill they need to be successful at Roots and beyond
- Infuse every lesson with extraordinary intellectual rigor and limitless joy
- Constantly refine your skills through coaching, weekly professional development, data analysis and collaborative planning
- Use formal and informal assessments constantly to drive your instruction and teach in small groups
- Serve as a mentor and model for a Roots Teaching Fellow while driving extraordinary results with your scholars
- Be an innovator in your field, push the limits of what’s possible, try new things, fall on your face and try again
- For a list open lead teaching positions with more detailed descriptions, please see our hiring page at: rootselementary.org
DO YOU HAVE…
- An unwavering personal commitment to closing the opportunity gap for all children in our time
- 2 – 4+ years of experience driving superior results in an elementary school classroom
- Experience teaching Guided Reading required; experience teaching Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI), Writer’s Workshop, and/or small group math instruction highly preferred
- Data in your veins: you analyze, interpret, and use data to collaborate, identify gaps, and drive results
- Strong project management skills including goal setting, backwards planning, and executing consistently
- Comfort with ambiguity, ability to operate in a fluid work environment, and confidence “building the plane while flying it”
How to ApplyIS THIS YOU? Please send the following four items to email@example.com in order to complete your application:
- Your detailed resume
- Three professional references (including email addresses)
- A ~10 min video of yourself teaching “whole-group.” This can be linked in or attached to an email.
- A brief, but thoughtful response to the following questions: (250 total word limit)
- Is it more important to be caring or strict?
- Is it more important to be rigorous or developmentally appropriate?
355 total views, 1 today