Teacher Math Teacher (Certification Preferred)
(Full time; Certification Preferred)
The NET Charter High School
The NET is an alternative high school for students who have dropped out of, been expelled from, or who have otherwise struggled in a traditional school setting. Students at The NET receive intensive, individualized academic, social, and behavioral supports, earn a high school diploma, and participate in rigorous internships with area employers. Our students leave school with the skills, confidence and experiences necessary to succeed in the career and education paths of their choice.
The NET Math Teacher position is a unique opportunity to provide the type of high quality math curriculum and instruction you believe struggling high school students in New Orleans deserve.
The Math Teacher is responsible for:
- Algebra I and II curriculum development & teaching
- Geometry curriculum development & teaching
- Designing and teaching math and/or computer lab courses as assigned
- Developing strong relationships and a highly functional, restorative classroom
- Assessing and monitoring student progress
- Differentiating lessons, assessments and support
- Constantly developing his/her own craft
Education & Experience
- 3+ years teaching at risk students in a non-selective, open admissions urban environment with a demonstrated record raising student achievement
- A BA or BS
- Louisiana Teacher Certification completed or in progress preferred
- Special Education certification and/or experience preferred
Skills & Approach
- Passion for improving educational opportunities for urban students and for being a part of a strong, diverse, mission-driven team
- Specialized interest in working with and developing students with learning and emotional difficulties
- Commitment to The NET’s mission, vision and growth
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building & management skills
- Flexible and learning mindset dedicated to effectively & innovatively problem solving
- Schedule: All full time NET positions are year-round with approximately 10-12 weeks for vacation per year
- Salary: Competitive for Orleans Parish. Initial salary is set based on years of experience and degrees. Future salary increases and bonuses are based on performance and responsibilities.
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits and generous 403b retirement plan
- Reports to: Principal
How to ApplyTo Apply For more information or to apply, visit: www.thenetnola.org or email: Elizabeth Ostberg, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.
51 total views, 1 today