Operations Office Manager
Start Date: Immediate Hire
Location: Harlem, NY
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem was chartered by the New York State Education Department and opened in Central Harlem in August 2012 with kindergarten and first grade. During the summer of 2016 we will grow to fifth grade and add a grade each year thereafter until the school accommodates scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade. The school has an accomplished and committed Board, which includes its two founders as well as a Head of School. We are looking for experienced educators who are excited by the challenge of being part of a high achieving school and have the dedication and motivation to make it happen.
MISSION OF THE SCHOOL
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem’s mission is to provide the children of Harlem with new educational opportunities through a rigorous, comprehensive K-8 program that cultivates the intellectual, social and emotional development of each child. Our students, who include high functioning children with autism spectrum disorders, will become independent learners and critical thinkers, will acquire the academic skills that they need to succeed in college preparatory high schools and will exhibit the social and emotional skills that will allow them to reach their full potential.
The Office Coordinator plays a critical role in the Operations team. The Office Coordinator will serve as the first point of contact for all of the school’s constituents. He or she must be personable and able to clearly communicate school policies and the vision and mission of the organization. The Director of Operations is seeking an energetic and dedicated individual who is committed to urban education.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a welcoming and efficient front office that emphasizes organization, professionalism, and courtesy
- Serve as the main point of contact in the school reception area
- Manage phones and calendars of school leaders (incoming calls, take messages, schedule meetings, etc.)
- Maintains documents, files and records (e.g., registration, student files, testing materials, immunization records, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail
- Maintain the Student Information System (student attendance, student discipline, grade reporting, basic scheduling, etc.)
- Maintain student records in ATS and generate reports
- Responsible for recording, tracking and following up on all student tardiness and absences
- Construct school partnerships with families and local community organizations for additional student needs, such as after-school programs
- Assist in the coordination of logistics and planning for all school events as requested by school leaders
- Purchase instructional, office and janitorial and maintenance supplies. Solicit and document competitive bids when necessary.
- Receive all packages/mail and conduct verification that orders are complete. Distributes items to appropriate party.
- Plan and oversee the logistics of all school field trips (trip selection, pre-visit preparation, transportation, follow up, and evaluation)
- Manage school communications and documents archive (e.g., produce letters, memos, and school mailings)
- Serve as the first point of reference for teacher and administrative staff technical support.
- Work with the custodial team to ensure the building is cleaned and all necessary repairs are made in a timely manner.
The following qualifications are required:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience in the education sector is preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish is required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Communicates well with others and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members
- Previous experience in working in a school environment preferred
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the school’s success
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
E-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please type “Office Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail.
How to ApplyE-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Office Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail.
194 total views, 1 today