This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
26 Apr 2017
Teacher High School Multi Intensive Center Director
About STRIVE Prep-RISE
- STRIVE Prep-RISE will open its doors to 9th grade students in the Far Northeast community of Denver in the Fall of 2016 and will join STRIVE Prep-SMART and STRIVE Prep-Excel as the third high school in the STRIVE Prep network.
- Teachers and leaders at RISE will focus on developing students to become critically thinking lifelong learners who are empowered, focused, and compassionate members of their communities. This includes required engagement in community service learning throughout the year.
- The rigorous college preparatory curriculum at RISE will include mandatory Advanced Placement coursework, graduation requirements that exceed the Colorado Department of Higher Education requirements for four-year college entry and a robust offering of extracurricular activities.
- Find out more about STRIVE Prep-RISE, the Far Northeast community, and the Principal, Elisha Roberts, on our website at www.striveprep.org
Our Aspiring Leaders:
- Consciously choose to teach and transform the lives of high school scholars every day as a founding teacher at a growing high school.
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills in an urban setting with an emphasis on data-driven instruction and demonstrable gains in student achievement.
- Understand, appreciate, and can pull from at least 2 years of special education teaching experience (required) in an urban setting (strongly preferred).
- Bring experience in sheltered instruction and supporting diverse learners.
- Proudly hold a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree (required) and preferably an advanced degree, as well as a license to teach Special Education in Colorado, or be able to:
- Transfer a Special Education license from another state; OR
- Read more about the available pathways to becoming a Qualified Special Education Teacher.
- Speak Spanish or have experience working with bilingual students (strongly preferred).
- Understand, appreciate and can pull from experience teaching in an urban setting (strongly preferred).
- Commit to constant growth, reflection, and implementation as educators and professionals through regular coaching and professional development.
- Bring enthusiasm, professionalism, and positivity to their students and our adult community.
- Assumes the best in others and is willing to have courageous conversations in order to do what is best for students.
- Work hard and approach challenges as opportunities for improvement.
- Set high expectations for themselves and others and a willingness to hold themselves and others to those expectations.
- Is effective at communicating and building relationships with students, teachers, and families through consistent partnership and communication.
- Dedicate themselves to the educational success of all students, not some students.
- Bring enthusiasm, professionalism, and positivity to their classrooms and our adult community.
- Assume the best in others and are willing to have courageous conversations in order to do what is best for students.
- Demonstrate a strong collaborative mindset and the ability to work on a team.
- Maintain emotional control under stress and act professionally with and in front of students.
- Display strong attention to detail, self-directed problem solving, leadership, and creative thinking.
- Believe in and commit to the mission of STRIVE Prep – RISE including the mindset that every student can and will achieve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement a new MI program at STRIVE Prep-RISE Academy in the 2016-17 school year that has been created during the initial planning phase. Implementation will include:
- Refine programming to ensure delivery of rigorous and specialized instruction in all
- Manage and lead a team of paraprofessionals in providing one-on- one instructional core content areas and behavioral support to center students, including teaching social and adaptive skills, providing small group or one-on- one academic instruction, and pushing-in and supporting students in a general education setting, as needed.
- Work closely with district support staff and managing DPS transportation service
- Collaborate with school leadership, teachers, paraprofessionals, and the special education team to ensure that instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners, including supporting student inclusion in general education classrooms and supporting the team in tracking students on their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals on a daily basis.prepare for their goals for future employment and independent living.
- Providing transition and life skills services that allow students to receive work experience and
- Collect and use data to track student growth, and create or modify student IEPs.
- Provide fair, accurate, and constructive feedback to students on their progress.
- Build relationships with students and families through consistent partnership and
- Participate in Summer Training Institute as well as professional development communication. throughout the school year.
What we Offer our Teachers:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance based raises.
- Participation on the Colorado PERA retirement program including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
- A laptop and access to classrooms equipped with Smartboards and document cameras.
- Additional stipends available for participation in athletic and extracurricular programs.
How to ApplyApply online here!
239 total views, 1 today