Teacher Science Teacher 7th-12th Grade
About KIPP NYC
KIPP NYC is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of five elementary schools, five middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni, has a staff of more than 700 and a budget of over $98M. At full growth, we will serve nearly 6300 students and alumni.
About our KIPPNYC Middle Schools
• KIPP Academy opened in the South Bronx in 1995 and serves grades 5-8 http://www.kippnyc.org/academy
• KIPP AMP MS opened in Brooklyn in 2005 and serves grades 5-8 http://www.kippnyc.org/amp
• KIPP Infinity MS opened in Harlem in 2005 and serves grades 5-8 http://www.kippnyc.org/infinity
• KIPP STAR MS opened in Harlem in 2003 and serves grades 5-8.http://www.kippnyc.org/star
• KIPP Washington Heights MS opened in Washington Heights in 2012, and serves grades 4-8. http://www.kippnyc.org/wh
About KIPP NYC College Prep High School
KIPP NYC College Prep is a free college-preparatory public school serving students from KIPP NYC’s five middle schools. In July 2009, KIPP NYC College Prep opened its doors to its founding 9th grade class. Now fully grown, the high school serves over 1000 students. We have set ambitious goals for our students: 95% will graduate from high school, 85% will matriculate to college, and 75% will graduate from college. Year over year, we have exceeded both our graduation and matriculation goals, and are on track for over 50% of our alumni to graduate from college (5x the national average for low-income students), while continuing to work towards our ultimate 75% college graduation goal for our students.
KIPP NYC is currently looking for teachers in all subjects – who combine the ability to motivate and educate, who develop academic as well as character skills, and who make college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaching a rigorous college preparatory curriculum which combines the school’s standards and the New York State standards
• Teaching students in a high-quality, exciting way
• Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers
• Using data to drive decisions
• Constantly assessing student progress, and communicating results to families and colleagues
• Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance
• Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff
• Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
• A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
• A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family
• Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
• At least two years of teaching experience strongly preferred
• New York State teacher certification in the appropriate content area
How to ApplyTo Apply: Submit application to: http://lnk.kippnyc.org/LeadTeacherHS1718 Submit application to: http://lnk.kippnyc.org/LeadTeacherMS1718 KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
86 total views, 1 today