Teacher Special Education Teacher K-12th Grades
About KIPP NYC:
KIPP NYC is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of five elementary schools, five middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni, has a staff of more than 700 and a budget of over $98M. At full growth, we will serve nearly 6300 students and alumni.
Duties and Responsibilities:
KIPP NYC Special Education Teachers work closely both as a team and with General Education Teachers in order to plan targeted, high-leverage intervention for their students. Our Special Education Teachers seek first to diagnose student challenges and then to design individual programs and differentiated strategies in order to meet specific needs. The team serves students with IEPs and diagnosed disabilities, as well as with students who are identified as at-risk.
General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Teaching a rigorous college preparatory curriculum that combines the school’s standards and the New York State standards
• Teaching students in a high-quality, exciting way
• Using data to drive decisions
• Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers.
• Constantly assessing student progress, and communicating results to families and colleagues
• Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance
• Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff
• Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
• A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
• A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family
• Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
• At least two years of full time lead teaching experience strongly preferred
• Valid New York State teacher certification in Special Education
How to ApplyPlease submit an application online: http://www.kippnyc.org/careers/listings/?hp
50 total views, 1 today