Teacher Success Coach
You will join us as our first coach hire and the third coach overall. After the appropriate training, your primary role will be to directly coach ten students on a weekly basis. You will work with the co-founders to continuously improve our coaching curriculum and, more broadly, to build a world-class, mission-driven organization that achieves its mission: to enable all students to graduate from high school with the achievement skills often associated with successful entrepreneurs and the confidence that comes from having achieved great things in an area of deep passion.
We are hiring a full-time employee to coach ~ten students on a weekly basis. The primary responsibilities include:
- 1.5 hours of 1:1 weekly coaching with each student
- 1-3 hours weekly of coaching prep, office hours, networking, research and communication with student stakeholders, report writing and other miscellaneous support per student
- Initial training and continuous self-development
- Cross-coaching to support other coaches, i.e. brainstorming Spike ideas
- Continuous, agile curriculum development
- Blogging and writing
- The unexpected… we are a lean startup so expect other ad hoc responsibilities like supporting the co-founders on prospective student interviews and much more.
- Degree from a top US College
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Based in or near New York City
- Experience as a coach or educator
- By coach, we are not referring an athletic coach but rather the definition more closely relating to professional mentors or advisors.
- By educator, we are referring primarily to teachers, counselors or other instructors who have experience helping young people achieve success.
- Experience building “Spikes” — taking initiative to achieve impressive things
- Strong achievement skills, including planning, communication, networking, problem-solving, discipline, perseverance, adaptability, initiative and curiosity
- Strong interpersonal skills: High EQ
- Mandarin fluency or proficiency preferred (not required)
- US College admissions expertise preferred (not required)
- Flexible work schedule and work location. Expectations include: regularly come to Uni Prep office and maintain high level of communication and collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Travel: Available to travel periodically to Taiwan
- Start Date: as soon as possible
How to Apply
- Contact Lloyd Nimetz, founder and coach of Uni Prep, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send letter or email explaining your interest and attach your resume or a link to your updated LinkedIn Profile
73 total views, 1 today