Teacher Summer Teaching Fellowship
Who We Look For: As an equal opportunity employer, we hire all Summer Teaching Fellows without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The strongest STF candidates exhibit the following traits:
- Strong interest in teaching in urban environments after college and interest in pursuing a full-time role with Uncommon upon graduation.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and urban education reform.
- Evidence of openness to feedback, grit, and strong work ethic.
- High degree of self-reflection and professionalism.
- Desire to learn from others and work in collaborative environments.
The minimum program requirements are as follows:
- Undergraduate college junior expected to graduate in December 2017 or Spring 2018 (Candidates graduating in December 2018 or in year three of a five-year undergraduate/Master’s program are NOT eligible to apply for STF 2017 and are encouraged to apply for our 2018 cohort.
- Candidates who are studying abroad in the spring may be ineligible to apply. (For more info, please see our FAQs.)
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Full availability from May 28th to August 4th, 2017
How to ApplySummer Teaching Fellowship
189 total views, 2 today