Principal or Vice Principal 2023-2024 Assistant Principal
Integration Charter Schools (ICS) is dedicated to providing innovative pathways to college that fully integrate students living with emotional challenges and others with special needs. In building a family of associated schools that share this common mission, ICS strives to fill gaps in public education. When fully realized, ICS, in conjunction with local public schools, will provide Staten Island parents of special needs children with an array of options which is richer than that enjoyed by any other community in the United States.
The Assistant Principal will report directly to the School Principal and will assist in the administration of the school programing by providing leadership, support and supervision to school staff. The Assistant Principal serves as a thought partner for the Principal in order to promote the educational development and achievement of all students. Additionally, they are responsible for assisting the Principal in developing and implementing all aspects of program development and improvement, providing professional staff development and partnering with families and other stakeholders to ensure the overall success of the school and students
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the role of instructional leader to promote student behavior that is supportive, and conducive, to the implementation of the school’s instructional programs and goals.
- Serve as Principal in the absence of the Principal.
- Create, plan, and implement program aligned professional learning opportunities for all stakeholders of the school community. Work with teachers to create effective lesson plans that meet State standards
- Assist in screening, selecting, assigning, supervising and evaluating school-based faculty and staff.
- In consultation with the network staff and school counterparts, analyze data, identify instructional and cultural trends through the school. Serve as a liaison between staff, families, and administration.
- Perform ongoing observations of teachers utilizing Teach Boost.
- Develop master schedules and calendars, which maximize the achievement of program objectives.
- Along with the Principal, coach and develop teachers, coaches, grade team leaders, and department chairs.
- Work with the Principal to develop and maintain systems, structures, procedures and routines that speak to the direct needs of the school.
- Implements co-curricular activities, including athletics, athletic supervision and clubs. Work to address student behavioral issues as needed.
- Meet with families to address concerns.
- Address any staff concerns or issues as needed.
- Acts in a supportive role with the Principal in work with parents, teachers, and the community to promote the effective flow of communications and ensure positive relations with parents, business leaders and community members.
- Listen and respond to parent concerns with sensitivity.
- Work directly with the Principal to ensure that the school is operating efficiently
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, required; Masters in Education/School Leadership preferred.
- Motivation to ensure the messaging of ICS’ priorities.
- Ability to work independently and to seek guidance, when needed.
- Strong commitment to the mission and success of ICS
- Strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Unwavering high expectations for all students and a belief that all children deserve access to college and beyond
- Analytical approach to designing and iterating systems based on feedback and results.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and take on anything necessary – a “no task is beneath me” attitude.
- Experience working in a charter school or school environment.
- Strong proficiency in technological tools, including Google Drive.
- Skill in quickly building relationships with the school community.
ICS offers a generous benefits package.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Date: 7/3/2023
Salary Range: $115,000 – $125,000