Instructional Support 2023-2024 College and Career Advisor
Integration Charter Schools, a network of charter schools located in Staten Island, is seeking an experienced College and Career Advisor to foster and grow a K-12 college going culture, and to ensure that all scholars are on the road to 100% college or trade school acceptance and matriculation. The college advisor will work closely with Vice Presidents of Education, school principals and another advisors to increase awareness about college life, guide scholars and families through the college search process, and support scholars in their application process.
Mindsets and Experience
- Steadfast belief that all students can achieve at the highest academic levels and deserve an opportunity to succeed in the college of their choice
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least three years of college advising to low-income, first generation college applicants and their families preferred
- Strong analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and an acute attention to detail
- Ability to see multiple projects with many moving parts through from beginning to end
- Focus on results and flexibility/willingness to do “whatever it takes”
- Ability to work autonomously as well as take direction
- Professional demeanor
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback, with the ambition and desire to grow as a leader
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude and drive for excellence
- Willingness to be a team player
- Beginning in the 4th quarter, provide one-on-one college counseling to high school juniors to help them begin to develop their college lists and personal statements.
- Provide one-on-one college counseling to seniors through, helping them finalize their college list, write a personal statement, complete their college application, apply for financial aid, and decide where to matriculate
- Plan and lead workshops for families on key topics, such as college applications, college fit, SAT preparation, financial aid planning, and admissions policies
- Lead professional development for staff on writing letters of recommendations. Manage the letters of recommendation for students.
- Develop and maintain a robust network of college admission professionals through regular communication and visits from and to colleges and universities that best support first generation, low income, college students
- Maintain regular communication with network of colleges and universities to support admission and financial aid offerings.
- Build and collaborate with the College Team and the Operations team to plan and execute successful college trips based on colleges/universities that best support first generation, low income.
- Ensure students take advantage of special opportunities made available to low-income students in the college search and application process (i.e. fee waivers, fly-in visits, university partner programs, and scholarships)
ICS offers a competitive salary and benefits package
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Date: 8/21/2023
Salary: $90,000.00 – $100,000.00