Principal or Vice Principal Academic Dean
(Full time, Certification Preferred)
The NET Charter High Schools
The NET Charter High Schools serve students who have dropped out of or been expelled from high school or who have struggled academically or behaviorally in traditional settings. The school’s name stands for: meeting Needs, raising Expectations, Training for life. Students at The NET earn a high school diploma and participate in internships with area employers in various fields. Our students leave school with the skills, confidence and experience necessary to succeed in the career and education path of their choice. There are two campuses, The NET: Central City which opened in 2011 and The NET: Gentilly which opened in 2017.
The NET seeks an instructional leader to partner with the Principal and Teachers to insure each student engages and flourishes in rigorous and meaningful curriculum and instruction.
As a member of the school leadership team, the Academic Dean is responsible for:
- Coaching, developing, and managing teachers
- Developing high quality curriculum and assessments
- Teaching, co-teaching, and modeling high quality instruction
- Participating in the SBLC, Pupil Appraisal and other student support teams
- Building and leveraging transformative relationships for student growth
- Analyzing and insuring student progress on an individual, course and school level
- Modeling collaborative, servant leadership
- Constantly developing his/her own craft
- 5-10+ years experience effectively teaching at risk high school students
- 2-5+ years effectively leading and coaching adults
- BA required; MA or MEd Preferred; Teacher Certificate Preferred
- Specialized interest and skills in working with students with learning and emotional difficulties
- Diverse and effective instructional methods for student engagement and academic growth
- Careful, detail oriented data management and analysis skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building & management skills
- Flexible and learning mindset dedicated to effectively and innovatively problem solving and constantly improving
- Passion for improving educational opportunities for urban students and for being a part of a strong, mission-driven team
- Commitment to EQA’s mission, vision and growth
- Start Date: August 2019
- Location: TBA
- Schedule: All full time NET positions are year-round. As a leadership position, this position requires additional on and off site hours.
- Salary: Initial salary is set based on years of experience and degrees. Future salary increases and bonuses are based on performance and responsibilities. The Academic Dean salary range starts at $50,000.
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits and generous 403b retirement plan
- Reports to: Principal
How to ApplyTo Apply For more information or to apply, visit: www.thenetnola.org or email resume and cover letter to: Elizabeth Ostberg, Executive Director, email@example.com
184 total views, 10 today