Operations Academic Registrar, Leave Replacement
Avenues is seeking a temporary, leave replacement registrar from approximately June until November. The Academic Registrar is responsible for collecting, ensuring the integrity of, and disseminating academic data. A project manager at heart, the Academic Registrar drives the implementation of the academic schedule for students and faculty.This is an ideal role for someone who loves to solve complex puzzle problems with methodical precision and derives great joy from getting into the very messy weeds to develop something clear, clean and user friendly. The temporary registrar will have the opportunity to work with and train under our registrar.
In the fall of 2012, Avenues: The World School opened the doors of its first, 15-grade (N-12) independent school in New York City offering students a truly global education. The vision of Avenues is to open schools in the world’s leading cities. Avenues will be a highly-integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared curriculum, professional development of faculty, the advantages of modern technology and a highly-talented global leadership team.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following areas:
- Manage student information: Own the integrity, confidentiality and overall efficiency and accuracy of all student information collected
- Support and maintain school-wide scheduling: coordinate the production of student schedules in coordination with elective requests and classroom space
- Ensure data quality and reporting: Reconcile data errors and inconsistencies and correct data as necessary. Design and generate reports to support students and faculty and other teams on an as needed basis
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Strong project management experience
- Experience with student information systems
- Experience with school scheduling software a plus
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, able to consistently handle multiple priorities, tasks and deadlines
- Very detail oriented, with an uncommon ability to spot errors at a glance
- Burning intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- A strong sense of professional and discretion with confidential information
- Ability to solve problems quickly and remain calm under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced coursework in mathematics or similar subject area a plus)
Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly through this job posting on the Avenues career page: https://www.avenues.org/en/careers/available-positions/1107320/?gh_jid=1107320
124 total views, 1 today