School Network Staff Administrative Assistant
The mission of Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is to address the academic, social-emotional and developmental needs of its students in a safe, supportive and trauma-sensitive learning environment. Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is committed to serving at-risk students, including students in foster care and students receiving preventive services. Through a rigorous program of instruction utilizing a trauma-informed, Sanctuary approach and by providing a wide range of wraparound support services, Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School will help each student become more resilient, independent and academically successful.
During its first five-year contract, CMCCS will serve K-5th grade students, and thereafter, will expand through 8th grade. CMCCS will be a separate 501c3 education corporation, which will work closely with Cardinal McCloskey Community Services. The school will open in August 2018.
Cardinal McCloskey Community Charter School is committed to the Sanctuary Model, a comprehensive trauma-informed method for creating change and helping individuals heal from traumatic experiences. It is a whole system approach built around the framework of SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss, and Future). It is designed to facilitate the development of structures, processes, and behaviors on the part of staff, children and the community as a whole that can counteract the physical and psychological wounds suffered by the children, youth, and families we work with. The ultimate outcome of a trauma informed philosophy is the creation of safe, therapeutic living and working environments for our students, families, agency members and ancillary providers, which espouse the proactive principles of growth, change, and empowerment of the individual for the betterment of the community. Each employee across our family of agencies has the responsibility to demonstrate the tenets of the Sanctuary Model in their work with students and in their interaction with other team members. Demonstrating these tenets is considered an essential responsibility for all staff in all positions across our school and family of agencies.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the Principal’s schedule and calendar and organizing and supervising all the main administrative activities that facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the school’s main office. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Principal, but is expected to carry out tasks as requested by the Principal and the Director of Operations and all instructional staff.
- Answering general telephone and email inquiries, and re-directing calls to appropriate administrators, faculty and staff members.
- Maintaining office appliances including computers, photocopier, fax machine, including interacting with suppliers and service engineers and taking responsibility for contracts and their fulfillment.
- Coordinating internal meetings and appointments, including—
- Managing meeting room bookings
- Welcoming guests on arrival
- Clearing rooms after meetings have finished
- Collating meeting information
- Overseeing school security procedures, in close coordination with the Director of Operations
- Managing postal operations, including:
- Ensuring that all post is collected daily and on time
- Ensuring that special/recorded delivery items are sent correctly
- Distributing incoming post to relevant members of staff each morning
- Preparing and franking large mailings when required
- Arranging couriers as and when required and signing for incoming deliveries
- Managing personnel-related records and activities, including:
- Maintaining records of staff holidays and absence
- Coordinating temporary staff contracts, including liaison with Director of Finance regarding payment
- Formulating general office induction procedures
- Maintaining up-to-date copies of all school supplier contracts, contact lists for staff and committee members and records of all domain names owned by school ensuring that registrations are up to date
- Distributing papers/information packs for all meetings organized by the school staff.
- Filing, including management of document archiving and organization and maintenance of common files (both hard copy and electronic format)
- Ensuring that school calendar is kept up-to-date with all conferences/meetings
- Managing/assisting with other assignments or ad hoc tasks as and when required
- Operating according to the professional standards of the school, which are defined in detail within the schools’ staff policies and procedures handbook
- Overseeing the collection and maintenance of all student records, under the oversight of the Director of Operations, including entering data in the ATS (Automate the Schools) System and the School’s internal student information management system.
Expected Qualifications and Training:
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, goals, educational philosophy and activities of the school, as described in the school’s charter.
- Minimum of Associates Degree or secretarial training
- Demonstrated and successful record of prior employment in an administrative or secretarial capacity in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant technologies.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning through professional development.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
In addition to the above requirements, incumbent must:
- Complete Sanctuary training in a timely manner;
CMCCS is committed to the practice of trauma-informed care in accordance with the tenets of the Sanctuary Model ® through utilizing the SELF-framework for Sanctuary practice and promulgating ongoing Sanctuary professional development for trauma-informed classrooms.
How to ApplyTo Apply Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com *In the subject line, please indicate your name and the position. Ex. “John Doe- Administrative Assistant” https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=CMCS46&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US%3f
231 total views, 1 today