Operations / Administration Assistant Director of Admission, Middle School/Spanish Language Liaison
Colorado Academy seeks an Assistant Director of Admission for the Middle School. This position oversees the admission and financial aid process for Middle School and collaborates with the Director of Admission & Financial Aid and the Office of Inclusivity on initiatives to broaden the school’s community outreach and ensure an equitable admission process. As the school’s Spanish Language Liaison, this position also serves as the first point of contact for Spanish-speaking families and assists the Office of Inclusivity with arranging interpretation and translation for events for Pre-K through 12th grade.
This is a full-time, 12-month position which reports directly to the Director of Admission & Financial Aid.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and coordinates the Middle School admission process including working with the Middle School Admission Committee, onboarding new MS students, and serves on the Financial Aid Committee with a focus on MS families
- Guides Spanish-speaking families through all aspects of the admission process and, when needed, the financial aid process.
- Represents the school in the Denver community by joining community organizations, attending school fairs and other activities that promote recruitment and community outreach
- Supports the planning and execution of major admission events: Admission Preview, Visit Days, Arts and Athletics Showcases, Accept Parties, New Family Orientation Events, etc.
- Play an active role in the MS by attending divisional meetings and SPEAK events and serve as co-sponsor of MS Student council
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Previous admission and/or independent school experience with an overall understanding of successful recruitment and enrollment management practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people including students, parents, faculty and staff
- Discretion; attention to professional boundaries in the handling of privileged information
- Fluency or high level of proficiency in Spanish required; ability to conduct tours/interviews in Spanish and correspond effectively with Spanish-speaking families
- Flexibility to work long hours, including weekends and evenings during the admission season
Candidates should be eager to join a professional community where collaboration is valued, where rich curricular conversations are common, and where openness to growth is the norm. Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated intercultural competence: the ability to understand and bridge diverse perspectives, identities, and lived experiences is a must. All CA teachers are expected to carry out the mission of CA, “Creating Curious, Kind, Courageous, and Adventurous Learners and Leaders,” and to support the vision of the School.
The pay range for the position is $65,000 – $75,000. Although $65,000 – $75,000 is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible compensation at the time of posting, Colorado Academy reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range. Any wage differential that may exist for the position does not relate to sex, gender or gender identity, but relates solely to a seniority system, a merit system, or relevant education, training and/or experience. The Academy offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and an environment notable for its dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators. Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefit programs are available, as is a 403(b) retirement plan. Eligibility for all benefit programs is defined by the applicable plan document.
Applicants are invited to visit the Colorado Academy website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the program and the school.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate or allow unlawful harassment in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, political affiliation, race, religion or creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, marital status or other protected classifications defined by applicable law. The policy applies in all aspects of employment with the Academy.