Operations / Administration Associate Director, People + Culture
THE WORK CULTURE
You know we do not have a simply captioned culture, because you know culture is not that simple. What we have is an ensemble of 300 scholarly, entrepreneurial, creative, analytical, collaborative, independent, results-driven, mission-driven people. We’re academic and career advisors, program designers and managers, business development and operations professionals, industry specialists, curriculum designers, and DEIB thinkers and leaders. It’s fast, changing, and never boring.
The new People + Culture team is taking shape and we’ll need your help to build it. We’re building people capabilities to scale for organizational growth; continuing to guide and ground a focus in performance, learning, inclusion and collaboration across the organization.
- PERFORMANCE. You have designed and implemented new performance development capabilities before. You know how to translate organizational strategies into team and individual goals; and you know how to use objective, real-time feedback and tools to develop team and individual strengths. You know how to coach employees and managers on these skills. You know this is a lifelong class, and you’re a confident student and teacher.
- LEARNING. You’ve been following businesses’ and managers’ return to self-directed learning (SDL) since the first MOOC. (Perhaps you registered for Sebastian Thrun’s AI class then dropped it, in the process grasping something of the model’s challenges.) You clearly see the SDL applications for organizations and employee development. You’ve conducted competency gap assessments, manager and team training, and have the program management skills to implement SDL methods and tools where these are suited to have the best impact for the organization, team and individual.
- SEO is a DEIB leader, which creates an introspective lens on its internal culture. You’ve led DEI initiatives from strategy, to implementation, and you are well versed in the measures of the work’s progress and success. The highest goal will be to identify and deliver practical, tangible ways to advance DEI in the areas of recruitment, management, employee development, compensation, communications and collaboration.
- Since you’re so attuned to the performance, learning and DEI pulse of the organization, you’re beautifully positioned to advise on current employee relations and future workforce planning; and wonderfully positioned to help identify organizational competency gaps, which will help direct workforce planning. On these pieces, the organization’s head of talent acquisition will be your closest partner. Together you’ll help department heads develop the workforce plans to implement their strategies.
Is that all? No. We have much to do. And since you’re well rounded, it will make sense to include you in other workstreams. You know that’s the nature of small and growing teams, and you’re an able and pro pinch-hitter.
COMPETENCIES YOU HAVE
- Performance Development, Learning and DEI Strategies + Tools
- Program Design, Implementation + Measurement
- Employee Experience
- Motivational Leadership
- Management Development
- Stakeholder Management
- Cross-Team Collaboration
- Listening (You study, hone and see the magic created when we listen well)
- Employee Relations + Communications
- Workforce Planning
EXPERIENCE YOU BRING
- +/- 10 years in comparable roles, developing the competencies described.
- Experience in performance development, learning and DEIB.
- Knowledge of employee relations and workforce planning.
- Experienced, adaptive, attentive people manager.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply!
SEO is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other legally protected status. Visually and hearing impaired candidates can contact us for assistance at: firstname.lastname@example.org.