Teacher BUGS- Middle School- 8th Grade Special Education English Language Arts (ELA) Teacher
Brooklyn Urban Garden Charter School (BUGS) is hiring for the 2017-2018 SY!!
Start Date: August 2017
Brooklyn Urban Garden School (BUGS), a small, independent, progressive charter school in South Slope/Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn is looking for Special Education English Language Arts Teachers.
BUGS educators are passionate and creative teachers, collaborative colleagues, and engaged community members who believe in our mission to provide a hands-on, interdisciplinary education to young adolescents of all abilities and backgrounds, with a focus on real-world problem solving and the exploration of environmental sustainability.
At BUGS, we value and respect teachers as educators, professionals, and individuals. As a growing faculty and community, we offer many opportunities for innovation, professional growth, and teacher leadership. We feature a strong, supportive community of learners, an active parent-teacher organization, and a positive student and staff culture.
BUGS team members are:
- Passionate about their content areas
- Dedicated to regularly assessing students and using the results to inform instruction
- Models of sustainability
- Able to empower adolescents to find their voice and take charge of their learning
- Collaborative with colleagues, students, and families
- Innovative self-starters who contribute to the good of a diverse community
- Committed to coaching adolescents in interpersonal skills and making good choices
- Passionate about getting students outdoors
- Reflective and open-minded
Our teachers are responsible for teaching subject-area courses in the context of an interdisciplinary, sustainability-focused curriculum. Teachers are supported in using project-based methodology and designing on-going fieldwork to enrich the units of study.
- Two years of teaching experience, highly preferred
- Valid NYS Special Education certification required
- New York State Teaching certification
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Desire to work in a heterogeneous classroom with a range of ability levels and students of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Commitment to collaboration, sustainability, continuous professional growth, and student achievement
- Preference given to candidates who have experience working with young adolescents
BUGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and staff. BUGS strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://bugsbrooklyn.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx
48 total views, 1 today