Marketing and Communications Business Development Fellow – New York
All Our Kin, Inc., a nationally-recognized, Connecticut-based nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains community child care educators to ensure that children and families have the foundation they need to succeed in school and in life, seeks a full-time Business Development Fellow to provide training, technical assistance and support to family child care educators. This posting is for 2 full-time positions: one in CT and one in New York City.
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a New Haven housing project in 1999 with two staff members, six mothers, six children, and one core belief: all children deserve access to high-quality early learning opportunities. Today, we serve over 400 family child care educators; these parents and educators in turn serve over 2,400 children in our community. To learn more about our work, please visit www.allourkin.org.
We are searching for an enthusiastic team player who is looking to make an impact and is excited about being a part of an effective, growing and dynamic non-profit organization. All Our Kin has offices in New Haven, Bridgeport, Stamford and the Bronx. The CT Business Development Fellow will have the option of working primarily from any CT office and the NY Business Development Fellow will work out of the Bronx office. S/he will need to occasionally travel to the other All Our Kin offices. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Fellow:
- Teach All Our Kin’s Entrepreneurship series in English and/or Spanish. This 30-hour business training program enhances family child care educators’ business knowledge. Classes are conducted during evenings and/or weekends and may be conducted off-site at the office of a community partner, requiring travel.
- Revise and update curriculum for the Entrepreneurship series to align with changes in the field of family child care business management.
- Offer one-on-one support to providers by problem solving, providing advice in best business practices, and linking providers to community resources.
- Collaborate with All Our Kin’s staff and leadership on organizational projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a bachelor’s degree and/or experience in one or more of the following fields: business, economic development, adult education, teaching, urban development, economic strategies, public policy or related fields
- Has experience teaching classes to adult learners
- Has experience in curriculum development
- Has basic education and/or experience in business and finance, such as:
- Best practices for small businesses
- Accounting basics, such as cash flow statements and budgets
- Marketing using online and traditional tools
- Taxes, legal structures, and insurance
- Is knowledgeable about community resources
- Has experience working in urban communities and the ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Is committed to actively combat systemic racism and injustice internally and externally
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Is extremely organized, independent, and has the ability to multitask
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Excel
- Is a creative problem solver
- Is preferably fluent in English and Spanish
Benefits of Working at All Our Kin
All Our Kin’s small size, focus on innovation, and collaborative model of program development make it possible for staff members to get a close look at the workings of a small, high-impact nonprofit organization at the cusp of two critical issues: job creation and child care. The organization’s commitment to mentorship and professional development guarantee that the Business Development Fellow will receive individual time and attention, and will serve as an integral member of our highly skilled and mission-driven team. All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work.
How to ApplyTo apply please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
206 total views, 1 today