Operations / Administration Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager
Position begins September of 2021
Alianza Community Schools, Inc., is seeking a Business Operations Manager for Monarca Academy. Monarca Academy will be a college preparatory, culturally responsive, community school that will launch in the 2022-2023 school-year. Monarca Academy is governed by Alianza Community Schools, a non-profit educational organization in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Business Operations Manager will lead the day-to-day operations alongside the Founding Principal. The Business Operations Manager is a full-time employee hired, supported, and evaluated by the Founder/Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Operations Manager will perform and/or oversee various aspects of school operations with an emphasis on compliance at all levels. Areas of oversight will include, but not be limited to:
- Human Resources & Financial Management – Coordinate professional development of operations business office and operations team. Coordinate payroll processing, benefits, workforce regulation compliance, accounts payable, budgeting, cash management, vendor negotiations, risk management, and financial/tax/other external reporting and audits; support of fundraising activities and reporting.
- Planning and Strategy – Coordination of strategic planning and development. Recommendation and implementation of board policies and procedures. Coordination of charter renewal.
- Compliance Reporting – Coordination, along with Executive Director, of reporting to the charter authorizer, state, and the federal government.
- Student Services Management – Coordination and management of compliance in student services, including breakfast and lunch programs.
- Communications – Collaboration with the Executive Director to inform and support board governance, outreach, and updates to staff/parent/student handbooks.
- Educational Administration – Oversight of student registration, enrollment (lottery), attendance and assessment data systems, technology systems and instruction, and compliance with credentialing and certification requirements for staff.
- Technology Management – Oversight of the school’s technology infrastructure and technology support to new staff members.
- Perform other duties as required by the Executive Director.
Alianza Community Schools believes that all children have an unlimited potential to learn, that all children come equipped with prior knowledge that must be used as a catalyst for learning, and that opportunity gaps are the main barriers to success. Alianza Community Schools is confident that a wholistic community approach allows children to focus on actualizing their potential. Therefore, The Business Operations Manager must live these values and have a Learner-Centered approach and a vision for inclusive, ambitious, and equitable outcomes for each and every member of our community.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
A successful Business Operations Manager candidate will have the following skills and expertise:
- The capacity to oversee communications, technology, school-level governance, and operations systems that support student and staff needs and promote the mission and vision of the school.
- The capacity to coordinate and advocate for a data-informed and equitable resourcing plan that supports school improvement and student/staff development.
- The capacity to reflectively evaluate, communicate about, and implement laws, rights, policies, and regulations to promote students and adult success and well-being.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field.
- 3-year minimum experience with personnel management, operations, management, data analysis, supply chain management, or related fields.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Degree preferred, but not required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in computer software necessary for communication, conducting business in person or online. Includes but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online communication tools such as Zoom, TEAMS. Google Hangouts, or others.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Satisfactory completion of local, state, and federal criminal history checks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, community, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to set and meet goals and deadlines
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Preferred)
Alianza Community Schools offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Extensive professional development will be provided as well as a network of professionals dedicated to collaborating for success. The Business Operations Manager will receive all resources necessary to carry out the duties of day to day running of a school such as a laptop, iPad, cell phone, email, and other necessary resources.
As an equal opportunity employer, Alianza Community Schools hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
$45,000 – $55,000
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Francisco Valdiosera at: