Finance Chief Finance Officer
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
$115,000 – $126,000 annually
We offer an attractive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life insurance and paid time off as well as a retirement plan through PERA.
Under the direction of the Superintendent, this position is responsible for all financial matters for the district. This position performs a variety of complex supervisory, professional, administrative, and technical finance, accounting and budgetary functions in maintaining the fiscal records and systems. This position serves as a member of senior management carrying out school board goals and directives, developing internal policy and guiding interdepartmental initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Serves as the district’s Budget/Finance Officer.Administers operating policies and procedures of the department.Plans and coordinates department activities to accomplish the work goals and objectives established for the department.Meets with subordinates to review, evaluate, and revise work programs and activities
- Develops the budget and financial strategies and reviews these with the board and superintendent
- Manages the day-to-day budget and financial management activities of the department.Develops and reviews revenue estimates for all funds using various analytical and forecasting techniques
- Manages the cash management and investment of district revenues.Monitors and selects appropriate investment vehicles.Obtains and analyzes information regarding rates of return, evaluates alternative approaches to investments.Manages the district’s daily cash flow and banking contracts.Communicates with investment advisors and decides appropriateness of investments from various alternatives
- Coordinates work for the completion of the district’s annual financial reporting as required by Department of Education guidelines.Prepares and monitors the work plan for completing the audit.Coordinates and schedules audit with independent auditors and finance department staff
- Reviews and approves check requests for budget adherence, timeliness, appropriate period, account and department correctness and appropriate approval
- Reviews and approves purchase orders for budget adherence, account and department correctness, appropriate approval and adherence to bid requirements
- Assumes a major role in developing and administering mill levy and bond revenues approved by Elizabeth voters.
- Applies for and administers Best Grant revenues and expenditures.
- Attends and participates in board meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned by the superintendent
- Serves as a member of task forces, committees, and teams as assigned
Responsible for the daily supervision and evaluation of assigned staff; Director of Food Services, and Director of Transportation.
Requires at minimum the completion of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
Requires progressively responsible financial administration experience, which includes management and supervisory experience in a growing organization.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION