Operations / Administration Chief People Officer
We’re looking for our first Chief People Officer.
Chalkbeat, the nonprofit news organization covering educational change efforts in the communities where improvement matters most, is seeking its first Chief People Officer.
As the Chief People Officer you will:
- Develop talent strategies and people initiatives that ensure Chalkbeat is the go-to organization for leaders and staff looking to do their best work on a diverse, high-performing team.
- Create an environment where people across different racial, economic and sexual orientations, backgrounds, and varied geographies and professional skill sets can collaborate effectively and thrive as the organization continues to grow.
- Partner with the senior leadership team, managers and staff as a functional expert, and thought partner on key talent acquisition, DEI, development, and retention strategies.
- You report to Chief Operating Officer, Rebecca Ross.
- You will partner closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Editor, Director of Operations and Managing Editors.
- Organizational Structure: View
Your Future Legacy
- You set and executed the talent strategy for Chalkbeat that leveraged the power of people to create a culturally diverse and inclusive environment.
- You created an efficient hiring process through building diverse talent pipelines, codifying internal systems and creating tools needed for your colleagues to succeed, plan thoughtfully and execute seamlessly.
- Your leadership fostered a culture where leaders were set up to attract and cultivate talent and create optimal community impact.
- Location: Flexible; DC/Philly/NY preferred
- Start date: Fall 2019
- Salary range: $120k-$150k
- Frequently Asked Questions: View
Chalkbeat is the nonprofit news organization committed to covering one of America’s most important stories: the effort to improve schools for all children, especially those who have historically lacked access to a quality education. We are mission-driven journalists who believe that an independent local press is vital to ensuring that education improves. Currently in five locations and growing, we seek to provide deep local coverage of education policy and practice that informs decisions and actions, leading to better schools. Read more about our mission and values.
How to Apply
Application deadline: Friday, October 11, 2019.
Chalkbeat is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Chalkbeat encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran statuses, sexual orientations, and marital statuses to apply.
1332 total views, 10 today