Instructional Support COLLEGE ACCESS COORDINATOR
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We are dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.
The College Access Coordinator will manage the operation of our college access program. This will include overseeing and assisting a team of college advisors and tutors in the facilitation of our college exploration curriculum as well as our SAT Prep curriculum. The College Access Coordinator will also provide support and direction in all aspects of college access, including but not limited to-application and financial aid assistance, parent workshops, and even college tours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Training and Capacity Building, the Coordinator will provide day to day oversight of the College Access program
- Provide instructional support and guidance to the College Advisors and SAT tutors
- Assist in the facilitation of the curriculum by providing direct service instruction to participants
- Work individually with students, and collaborate with other staff to provide an enriching learning experience for all participants.
- Establish a comfortable learning environment and implement clear, consistent age-appropriate expectations
- Document student progress
- Model appropriate child development practices
- Forge collaborations with leadership and instructional staff to ensure that programming meets the needs of a diverse population of learners, is aligned with Common Core State Standards, and meets contractual expectations and benchmarks
- Attend all relevant meetings, trainings, workshops, outside events and organization-wide activities
- Handle additional responsibilities and functions as assigned by the Director of Training and Capacity Building
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience (2-4 years) in College Guidance and in supervision of staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- Strong knowledge of the social and academic needs of in school youth
- Ability to participate as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Understanding of and ability to meet performance-based outcomes
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and work within a results-oriented environment
- Computer literacy
- Enthusiasm, creativity, initiative – and a sense of humor are a MUST!
How to ApplyInterested candidates should go to www.phippsny.org/about/careers and apply for the position. Please be sure to upload a current resume and cover letter for consideration.
326 total views, 1 today