Operations Development Assistant
Chalkbeat, the growing nonprofit news organization covering public education in America,, is seeking a development assistant. The development assistant will work closely with our entire development team, particularly our senior development manager. The right candidate will be smart, organized, and entrepreneurial, with strong communication, project management, and analytical skills.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Maximize the efficiency of Chalkbeat’s revenue-generating work by owning specific project management tasks, such as planning donor events, budget tracking, and overseeing team document and data management (including working with Salesforce, Dropbox, and Asana).
- Expand Chalkbeat’s communications reach with grant writing, grant reporting, external communications, and creation of tasks and ensuring that all delegated proposals and reports are timely, accurate, and are consistent with our team’s other communications. Supporting the creation of compelling development communications in the form of informational and marketing grant documents, development reports, funder and board materials, and emails to donors and supporters.
- Strengthen Chalkbeat’s revenue pipeline by finding, qualifying, and researching new prospects to support Chalkbeat leadership with relationship cultivation.
What background and skills do you have? (Not all are required, but we hope you’ll have several of these):
- Ability to write clearly and compellingly.
- Proven project management and task management ability in a deadline-driven environment.
- Superior attention to detail, with excellent analytical skills.
- Flexible and comfortable in a work environment where multitasking is the norm, the pace is fast, and priorities will evolve.
- Proficient with office software, primarily the Google Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to two years of relevant professional experience is preferred (e.g. prospect research, grant writing, nonprofit operations); development experience is preferred.
Bonus points if you’ve got:
- Knowledge of the journalism or education fields.
- Experience using customer relationship management tools (Salesforce) and document management solutions (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive)
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Chalkbeat offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package, including a paid winter recess from December 26-31.
Chalkbeat is the nonprofit news organization committed to covering one of America’s most important stories: the effort to improve schools for all children, especially those who have historically lacked access to a quality education. We are mission-driven journalists who believe that an independent local press is vital to ensuring that education improves. Currently in seven locations and growing, we seek to provide deep local coverage of education policy and practice that informs decisions and actions, leading to better schools. Read more about our mission and values.
How to ApplyPlease send a PDF of your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to email@example.com. Include “Development Assistant” in the subject line. Chalkbeat is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Chalkbeat encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientations, and marital statuses to apply.
299 total views, 3 today