School Network Staff Director of Student Recruitment
An Invitation to Apply for the Position of
Director of Student Recruitment & Enrollment
About Public Prep
At Public Prep we believe that joy, warmth, and rigor are the foundation of a school culture where students achieve academically and develop strong character. In the words of one community member, “Every student, every family and every Public Prep staff member plays an important part of our amazing school, a school filled with energy, personality, hardworking people who are committed to ensuring all of our scholars have a sense of belonging and are put on a predictive path to and through college.”
Our network comprises 6 schools across 5 campuses in the Lower East Side and Bronx, serving 2,100 scholars in grades PreK-8:
Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School (Grades Pre-K-5)
Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School II (Grades Pre-K-1)
Girls Prep Bronx Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Girls Prep Lower East Side Elementary School (Grades PreK-4)
Girls Prep Lower East Side Middle School (Grades 5-8)
Boys Prep Bronx (Grades K-8)
Primary Function & Position Overview
The Director of Student Recruitment & Enrollment sets strategy and manages execution for Public Prep’s new family engagement and communications from prospects, newly enrolled and retention of existing families. The key areas of responsibility include student recruitment, enrollment, network-wide family communication and community outreach. Through data analytics, the Director projects enrollment growth and builds the plan to meet all recruitment goals. The Director also ensures that current and prospective families develop meaningful relationships with school leadership and with fellow families.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Enrollment Oversight and Leadership
- Generate solutions to enrollment challenges facing all campuses and work collaboratively with school leaders/fellow home office staff to problem solve.
- Build a positive culture amongst home office staff and between campus leadership/home office.
- Supervise a team of employees responsible for student recruitment and student enrollment.
- Develop team members and support their professional growth.
- Support growth and expansion efforts to ensure Public Prep builds strong community relationships in all campus neighborhoods.
Strategic Planning and Project Management
- Research and implement best practices related to student recruitment, enrollment and retention.
- Analyze, track, and monitor enrollment data to inform action planning.
- Lead weekly enrollment team meetings with relevant network office staff and school leaders to ensure strong collaboration across teams.
- Codify and communicate systems expectations of campus-based staff supporting the recruitment and enrollment process.
- Manage budget and track expenditures against the recruitment and enrollment budget.
- Manage all relevant vendors toward timely execution.
- Systematically seek and employ feedback from key stakeholders.
- Create a welcoming experience for families from the first interaction with the staff.
- Employ school-based staff with training and resources to effectively engage in fairs and information sessions.
- Assist in the development of improved marketing materials in collaboration with the Public Prep Communication team and school leadership.
- Create and manage marketing strategy to generate applicants to all campuses.
- Build on effective strategies, pilot new ideas and maintain feeder partnerships to develop large, strong pools of prospective students.
- Collaborate with communications team to ensure robust social media campaign and use of digital marketing platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google).
- Calendarize, plan, and prepare the materials for new family events including open houses, new family welcome orientations, and summer events.
- Communicate information, resources and opportunities to all new prospective families network-wide.
- Manage index of community partners, set application goals per partner, and track enrollment outcomes met through these partnerships.
- Develop engagement strategy to keep applicants and new families enthusiastic and connected to the Public Prep community.
- Analyze historical data to inform enrollment projections, monitor trends and forecast for future planning.
- Build predictable models to govern our approach to student recruitment and enrollment.
- Aggressively monitor student enrollment headcount to ensure seats are filled as soon as they become available and enrollment targets are met.
- Maintain critical enrollment data for per-pupil billing, withdrawal tracking, rostering and other related reporting.
- Work across departments specifically with the Home Office Finance team and Student Support Team to ensure submission of New York City Per Pupil Invoices.
- Manage Public Prep’s student enrollment and recruitment system, Schoolmint, by tracking application and new student information.
- Ensure a smooth process from submission of application via Schoolmint to Public Prep’s internal Student Information System, Powerschool & the NYC Department of Education information System, ATS.
- Manage the list noticing and uploading new student information to the NYC Department of Education information system, ATS.
- Serve as a resource for family and staff questions about enrollment and registration process
Public Preparatory Network is an Equal Opportunity employer. Public Preparatory Network is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
Please be sure to attach a resume and a cover letter including examples of how you have demonstrated continuous learning and specific ways you have used data to drive decisions.