Operations Director of System Level Partnerships
Director of System Level Partnerships
Teaching Matters (http://www.teachingmatters.org), a leading non-profit educational organization, is seeking a Director of System Level Partnerships to scale our ground-breaking competency based micro-credentialing approach to developing instructional leaders.
Teaching Matters partners with educational systems to support them in transitioning from seat time to competency-based models of teacher development. This competency- based approach supports career pathways, improved teacher leader selection and placement, and high-impact professional learning. This approach ensures greater learner agency, a focus on practice-based coaching and demonstration, personalized feedback and documented evidence of candidates’ readiness to step into new roles.
Our partnerships with state and district education systems focus on three key stages of work:
- Developing competency-based career pathways and specialized roles for educators
- Creating scalable systems for developing educators to competency via coaching and feedback
- Evidenced-based assessment of competencies through micro credentials.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Know and stay current on trends in leadership and teacher development, career pathways and competency-based professional learning via micro-credentialing to build a pipeline of system-level opportunities from lead generation to negotiating the contract.
- Engage in focused, goal-directed prospecting and relationship building through networking, phone, email, and onsite meetings with district and state level talent and education leaders.
- Expand Teaching Matters reach by developing and negotiating strategic partnerships with at least 5 new states or large districts to meet ambitious growth and revenue goals.
- Maintain and grow current partnerships with four states including extensive projects in New York City.
- Manage partnerships effectively by developing clear project outcomes, regularly engage with the client to manage and problems solve to those outcomes, and identify new opportunities to refine and scale the engagement to reach more teachers.
- Collaborate with operations, program, development and data analytics to inform and drive scalable approaches through reflection on drivers of success and challenge with system level partnerships.
- Collaborate with development and communications team to develop creative funding opportunities and support effective marketing and communication of the work.
- As a growing practice area of Teaching Matters, this position reports to the CEO.
- Experience and passion for K-12 education and innovation.
- Demonstrated experience in K-12 system level sales and leading system level work in urban schools, system level experience in NYC is preferred.
- Able to identify and problem problem solve educational challenges from the system level and articulate effective solutions.
- Able to work effectively with diverse teams of Teaching Matters staff and district clients.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Deep commitment to Teaching Matters’ mission, vision, and core values, including a commitment to equitably improving outcomes for all students.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time.
- Master’s Degree required
Teaching Matters is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website: jobs.teachingmatters.org
323 total views, 8 today