School Network Staff Early Childhood Education Coordinator
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources. We’re dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.
Phipps Neighborhoods seeks an innovative leader who will work alongside and assist the Education Director in the planning, organization, and consistent implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum, emphasizing a child-centered learning environment for toddlers and preschoolers. They will help maintain the daily operations of the Universal Pre-K program and work closely with the teachers and UPK staff to partner with families to ensure the highest quality prekindergarten learning environment.
- Assist in overseeing the daily operations of the UPK program. These services will include but are not limited to full/ extended day and yearlong Pre-Kindergarten classes for 3 and 4-year-old children.
- Supervise staff including Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers, and School Aides
- Assist with student recruitment and enrollment
- Demonstrate knowledge of early childhood education best practices and how to incorporate these practices into the program site
- Communicate effectively with parents as needed and maintain a positive relationship with families through parent meetings, counseling, conference, workshops and special events
- Engage families with learning activities both in the classroom during the school day and strategies for early childhood learning at home
- Possess a good understanding of current, applicable regulations and be able to perform all necessary steps to make sure programs are in compliance with these regulations, including the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and Department of Education.
- Promote the positive image of the organization and play a major role in making Phipps Neighborhoods a provider of choice in educational programs for the communities we serve
- Masters in Early Childhood Education or Special Education birth through second grade
- New York State Certification in Early Childhood Education or Students with Disabilities (birth-second grade)
- Minimum of 2 years as a Group or Lead Teacher preferred; 2+ years as an education supervisor, or site manager required.
- A track record of excellence with inspiring teachers, parents, and other community members
- Experience in enrolling programs in areas with high competition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Above average proficiency with the full Microsoft office suite, especially Excel.
- Experience with Teaching Strategies Gold, Early Screening Inventory (ESI), Assessment Survey Quality Evaluation (ASQE), Program Quality Assessment (PQA) and other data management and evaluation software
- Knowledge of NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Article 47 regulations, Department of Education Universal Pre-K and Common Core Standards and Administration of Children Services Standards
- Knowledge of NAEYC and other state and national accreditation standards
- Ability to multi-task, be goal oriented and possess a high energy level in order to succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Positive, energetic and engaging personality as well as a good sense of humor
- DOE/DOI/PETS Fingerprint Clearance
- CBC Clearance
- SCR clearance
- Child Abuse and Maltreatment certificate (Must receive online before starting position)
- Infectious Disease Certificate (Must receive online before starting position)