Instructional Support Education Coordinator
Head Start and EHS Director
This position serves as Education Coordinator for a Grand Street Settlement’s childcare programs. The Education Coordinator supervises teachers who are responsible for the successful operation of the classrooms. The Education Coordinator plans and collaborates with other coordinators and staff in GSS’s Early Childhood Services Program to ensure that outcomes are achieved for children of all abilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Position requires a current New York State N-6 certification
- Clearance through DOI Finger printing, NYS Central Registry, Sex Offender Registry, Clearance, 3 reference checks, physical examination with updated TB test, varicella, TDAP, MMR Meet all health requirements in Article 47 (DOHMH) and Head Start Performance Standards
- Obtain First Aid/CPR preventive Infectious Diseases certificate within the first year of employment.
- Excellent writing skills and computer proficiency
- Must have demonstrated achievement in supervision and management, family and community partnerships and collaborating with diverse teams
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning: Implement policies and procedures for the education portion of the program with parents, staff, and GSS supporting the effective implementation of the education content area. Ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and EHS Services. Implement policies and procedures aligned with Head Start Performance Standards, Early Learning Outcome Framework, NYC Pre-K standards and Common Core
- Collaborate with Head Start/EHS Director to ensure high quality comprehensive services are delivered effective and timely to all enrolled children/families; including transition plans, School readiness, Community engagement
- Participates in annual Self-Assessment, PIR, Community Assessment and Policy Council Meetings
- Collaborate with HS/EHS regional Specialist to promote high quality services for all program options
- Program Implementation: Supervise curriculum implementation ensuring that teachers provide developmentally and linguistically appropriate experiences appropriate to age, language and culture of children served. Supervise curriculum implementation ensuring that teachers and home visitors provide developmentally and linguistically appropriate experiences to age, language and culture of children including pregnant women. Lead the implementation of EHS SRG including child outcomes
- Family Partnerships: Ensure parents are integrally involved in developing the program’s curriculum and identifying school readiness goals
- Communication and Service Coordination : Work closely with Disabilities Coordinator, Center Director, staff, parents and consultants to support arrangements for identification, referral, and evaluation of children with suspected disabilities
- Record Keeping and Reporting: Maintain filing, tracking and documentation systems for the early childhood education service area and ensure confidentiality of child and family records. Maintain teacher credentials of all sites. Input Data into COPA system, maintain tracking forms
- Ongoing Monitoring and Self-Assessment: Track child outcomes and program quality assessment results on a center-wide basis, analyze data and make program development recommendations to Site Director. Monitor classroom environments regularly using formal and informal observations, implement researched and reliable tools (ITERS, ECERS, CLASS)
- Human Resources and Supervision: Work with teachers to develop and support their individual development plan, participate in hiring. Coordinate and implement coaching and professional development for staff. Other topics as needed will be asked
- Perform other duties and undertake special projects as assigned
How to ApplyPlease read the specialty opportunities listed below and submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills & experience meet the specific components you are applying for. Also provide us with three professional references that we can contact (at least one should be from a former supervisor). Please click or use the link below in a search car and apply online through our career center. https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=grandst&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US No phone calls, please. EOE If selected for this position, applicant must obtain NYC Dept. of Health fingerprint clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance (fees may apply); ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
497 total views, 1 today