Teacher Seeking Special Education Teachers in Chicago
Chicago International Charter Schools (CICS) campuses are hiring talented special education teachers to join their teams of determined optimists as they prepare students for success in college and life. Join a CICS school that is helping Chicago students thrive. Apply today!
About the CICS Network
CICS is a pioneer—one of Illinois’ first charter networks to manage a portfolio of talented and autonomous school operators with a wide range of school models. This vibrant network of diverse Chicago charter schools enables students to thrive every day, puts them on a path to success in college and life, and empowers entrepreneurial educators to pursue excellence through innovation. There are currently 14 Chicago campuses in the CICS network. Learn more at www.chicagointl.org.
Teaching at CICS’ Campuses
CICS is entering an exciting time, embarking on the implementation of a new strategic plan. Joining a CICS campus at this critical point represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of shaping the new direction of the network. CICS strives to be a consistently high-performing network of academically rigorous, pedagogically diverse, forward-thinking schools that prepare every student for success in college or career.
CICS’ campuses empower teachers to grow and lead. They give educators the opportunity to succeed individually while supporting better student outcomes. CICS’ campuses attract bold, ambitious, outstanding, creative professionals who are willing to take risks and are committed to lifelong learning.
In collaboration with the instructional team, the special education teacher will:
* Manage/teach a caseload of special education students.
* Collaborate with students, parents, teachers, staff, and consultants to develop Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
* Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to integrate accommodations and modifications into lesson plans and curricula.
* Work cooperatively with teachers of record to deploy a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of assigned special needs students.
* Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP.
* Participate in or lead IEP meetings as needed.
* Demonstrate knowledge of specialized methodology for teaching students with special needs.
* Organize and maintain accurate Special Education records and files.
* Conduct assessments as needed for Special Education eligibility.
* Assess, monitor and report progress toward IEP goals and objectives.
* Complete all activities required for compliance with Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
* Submit required reports and documentation to administration.
* Support students and parents with student placement, curriculum, and instructional issues.
* Keep detailed documentation from parent/student conferences.
* Bachelor’s Degree.
* Illinois Special Education Certification (LBS1).
* Working knowledge of federal and state special education laws and regulations.
Salary and Benefits
CICS teachers are highly valued. CICS’ campuses offers a competitive salary and benefits.
How to Apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oAkf7fw0&s=ChalkBeat
Chicago International Charter School campuses provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
How to ApplySubmit your application today: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oAkf7fw0&s=ChalkBeat
68 total views, 1 today