Teacher Elementary Classroom Teacher
Clarksdale Collegiate Public Charter School is a K-8 tuition free school that prepares scholars in the Mississippi Delta to excel in high school and college by providing rigorous instruction within a structured, ambitious, and jubilant school community. We are unapologetically college preparatory! We work relentlessly to achieve our urgent and ambitious mission. #CollegeBound
Founded in 2018 as Mississippi’s first and only rural charter school, we are a team of committed educators who are working to raise the bar of what is possible in education in the Mississippi Delta. We offer an empowering environment with high academic standards and innovative teaching opportunities. Our intimate environment enables a family atmosphere among teachers and administrators. Through this supportive structure, teachers can further develop their teaching style while focusing on student success. We are currently serving approximately 350 scholars in K-4 and are on a growth plan to reach K-8 in the next five years. This will allow you the leadership opportunity to grow and develop with us. With a new facility set to open this year, we are investing in our students and the growth of Clarksdale!
Classroom Teacher – You are a Hero!
Clarksdale Collegiate is seeking dynamic classroom teachers for kindergarten, first, second and third through fourth grades. Each teacher is responsible for executing academic lessons, managing the classroom, and ensuring a positive classroom culture each day. Teachers are also responsible for collaborating with their grade-level teams, particularly for lesson planning and norming instructional practices. All Clarksdale Collegiate teachers are accountable for the intellectual preparation for each lesson, building strong and positive relationships with students and families, using data to tailor their instruction, and actively engaging in collaboration with their colleagues.
What You’ll Do?
Ignite Scholar Growth
- Set ambitious academic and behavioral expectations and work relentlessly to support all scholars in meeting those expectations
- Provide a structured and safe learning environment for all scholars by establishing and consistently reinforcing routines and procedures.
- Prepare and execute standard aligned unit and lesson plans that make learning fun and create space for jubilance throughout the school day
- Provide high-quality instruction on college preparatory standards and use assessments and data purposely to support scholar achievement
- Administer comprehensive unit assessments aligned to standards and pacing plans to monitor student growth
- Identify students who are academically at-risk and initiate effective intervention strategies.
- Complete all administrative task with fidelity and in a timely manner to receive and implement feedback
Immerse in Growth
- Welcome constant learning opportunities to ensure you strive to be a better teacher for all scholars
- Actively participate in all professional development sessions and weekly coaching sessions.
- Engage with instructional coaches and incorporate feedback in a timely manner.
- Consistently analyze scholar data and engage in self-reflection on practices.
Embrace Our Families
- Embrace families as partners by communicating regularly and by making ourselves available.
- Communicate consistently on a weekly basis with families and other stakeholders.
- Provide scholars with frequent and accurate behavioral and academic feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.