Operations / Administration Elementary School Operations Associate
About Community Roots:
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in a meaningful real-world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS, students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Currently, Community Roots has 475 students in grades K-8. Our first 8th-grade class graduated in June 2015. Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org
Community Roots is hiring:
We are currently looking for an Operations Associate who will work to be both innovative and inspiring in the pursuit of meeting the needs of all students in grades K-8. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
Community Roots Charter School seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are committed to ensuring academic, emotional and social growth in every child
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
- Enjoy their work
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
- Prior related experience in school operations, preferred
- Flexibility to work outside of job description parameters, when needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English). Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin a plus
- Proficiency in Google Suite, MAC, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Experience working with teams and individuals with diverse racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds and values.
- Belief in CRCS mission and philosophy
- Strong belief in and ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve independently
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that central office culture and communication adheres to CRCS professional expectations
- Supporting all families, students, and teachers as needed and requested
- Perform general main office duties such as answering phones, photocopying, faxing, emailing and scanning
- Overseeing materials management to ensure that all CRCS locations have the supplies, technology, and resources needed for smooth functioning.
- Maintains a system to order, purchase, receive, inventory and return (if necessary) goods to ensure the school staff and students consistently have everything they need to operate and achieve our mission
- Troubleshoots missing or incomplete orders and maintains communications with staff throughout the purchase cycle
- Supporting team in troubleshooting everyday technology and systems support issues
- Assists with technology (e.g., liaising with IT vendor, navigating mandatory systems, check-out and return of materials, etc.)
- Engaging in office reception activities such as: fostering a welcoming environment, answering phone calls, responding to electronic communication, completing copy requests, maintaining files, and greeting students, staff, and visitors
- Updating dismissal changes and assisting with classroom coverages as requested by the DOO or Co-Directors
- Assisting with main office aesthetics, event execution, and vendor communication
- Manages the on-site collection of incident reports and other delegated activities related to compliance and legal matters.
- Collection of attendance and meal tracking sheets and other administrative duties as required
- Ensures the safety of students (e.g., building-wide preparation for emergencies by creating action plans and communicating policies with staff, liaises to review surveillance footage when needed, etc.)
- Provides the leadership team with administrative and ad hoc support as required (e.g., organizing staff appreciation initiatives, coordinating surveys, coordinating professional development, etc.)
- Coordinates space and facilities requests and needs, including booking permits and distribution of keys
- Coordinates space upgrades and capital improvements for classroom, office, and common areas
- Ensures an up to date record of requests made and met regarding the facility’s needs, including immediate action items, short term, and long term needs
- Communicates needs and follows up on requests with the custodial staff until completion
- Gives updates as necessary to Co-Director on Facilities status and coordinates with Facilities Parent Committee to streamline communication with custodial staff
Salary and Benefits:
Community Roots offers a competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyHow to apply: Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our interview process currently includes the following steps:
- Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Performance Task
- Task Debrief / Panel Interview
- Reference/credentials Check
- Additional 1:1 or small group conversations with other CRCS team members