Teacher English Teacher
ELA-Humanities Seminar Teacher
(Full time, Certification Preferred)
Educators for Quality Alternatives
EQA serves students who have dropped out of or been expelled from school or who have struggled academically or behaviorally in traditional settings. There are two high school campuses, The NET: Central City which opened in 2011 and The NET: Gentilly which opened in 2017. A third high school campus, NOAH will open in 2020 as a merger with ReNEW Accelerated High School. Students at the high schools earn a high school diploma and participate in internships and career training in various fields including construction, medical, and digital media. EQA also serves middle school students through The Bridge Middle School, a therapeutic program for students during their expulsion term. For all settings, our goal is that our students leave school with the skills, confidence and experience necessary to succeed in the career and education path of their choice.
As a NET Teacher, you have tremendous impact on the curriculum, culture and class and program structure in order to ensure that each of your students develop to their greatest potential.
NET ELA-Humanities Seminar Teachers are responsible for:
- Planning and teaching multi-disciplinary, project-based seminar courses (generally English, Social Studies, and Electives)
- Building and leveraging transformative relationships for student growth
- Assessing and monitoring student progress on an individual and course level
- Constantly developing your own craft
- 3+ years teaching at risk students with a demonstrated record raising student achievement
- A BA or BS required
- Louisiana Teacher Certification completed or in progress preferred
- Special Education certification and/or experience preferred
- Specialized interest and skills in working with students with learning and emotional difficulties
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building & management skills
- Learning mindset dedicated to effectively and innovatively problem solving and constantly improving
- Passion for improving educational opportunities for urban students and for being a part of a strong, mission-driven team
- Commitment to EQA’s mission, vision and growth
- Start Date: January
- Location: The NET:Central City
- Schedule: School is year-round with generous leave schedule.
- Salary: $45,000-$55,000 depending upon experience. Initial salary is set based on years of experience and degrees. Future salary increases are based on performance and responsibilities.
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits and generous 403b retirement plan
- Reports to: Academic Dean