Principal or Vice Principal Executive Director
Since 2007, the Ricardo Flores Magón Academy (RFMA) has prepared kindergarten through eighth grade students from Metro Denver for success in high school and graduation from college. In an intellectually rigorous environment, students will master the core subjects maximizing their knowledge in math, reading, and writing.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Trustees and is responsible for the entire operation of Ricardo Flores Magón Academy. As the educational and instructional leader of RFMA, the Executive Director also manages the day-to-day activities of the school. The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership, strategic vision, and growth of RFMA.
The Executive Director advocates, embodies and executes the vision, mission, and values of the Ricardo Flores Magón Academy. The Executive Director is responsible for developing, implementing, marketing, and administering programs which strengthen the relationship between RFMA and the representative members of the school community, students, and parents.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of three years of school administrative experience (strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated successful leadership in a senior administrative position in a public or private school, preferably but not necessarily as Principal or Head of School.
- Demonstrated experience in creating positive, productive, partnerships between teachers, children, and parents.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (both verbal and written) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse socioeconomic and multi-ethnic population.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); flexibility; ability to manage simultaneous demands from a variety of sources; ability to manage crisis situations that impact individuals as well as large groups; interpret policy, procedures, and data; compile and coordinate student data; and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Demonstrated success in encouraging parental involvement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Models/advocates support of the vision, mission, and values of the school.
- Creates, monitors, and sustains high standards of a rigorous school climate and school culture.
- Concentrates on achieving dramatic improvements in student academic performance.
- Promotes the school passionately and effectively to the community and media.
- Fulfills the mission of the school with no excuses or exceptions.
- Observes classrooms weekly and gives feedback for individual improvement.
- Provides leadership to the staff in determining objectives and identifying school needs as the basis for developing long and short-range plans for RFMA.
- Commits to developing a culture of trust and responsibility among students, teachers, staff, and the RFMA community.Evaluates academic achievement through detailed data analysis of student and teacher performance.
- Resolves conflicts, obstacles, and other issues.
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating, and dismissal of staff.
- Represents RFMA at community functions and meetings to promote RFMA while developing and maintaining community partnerships
- Carries out a program of community relations as a means of disseminating and garnering support from community, parent, and other community organizations.
- Functions as the liaison with business consultants to ensure compliance with all Business Office policies and procedures, to include, but not limited to: accounts receivable, accounts payable and human resources.
- Manages and allocates the finances of the school (budget, cash flow, development, grants, contracts, bonuses, etc.) effectively and efficiently in order to maximize student success.
- Complies with the charter accountability requirements, and all relevant federal, state, and city regulations.
- Works with the Board of Trustees and the administrative team to raise funds in order to support regular academic and extracurricular programs.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. The attractive salary is complemented by full benefits, including medical and dental insurance.
Commitment to Diversity
The Ricardo Flores Magón Academy is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or any other basis protected by law. RFMA is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyOutstanding candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: Personnel Committee at: HR_RFMA@gandgconsult.com. Please use the subject line: RFMA Executive Director.
563 total views, 1 today