This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
14 Feb 2020
School Network Staff Family Advocate
Family & Community Partnership Coordinator
The Family Advocate is responsible for supporting and assisting families as they identify and meet their own goals through a family-centered case management model for developing and carrying out the programs Family Partnership Agreement. This position is responsible for maintaining social service files, intake applications at Grand Street Settlement’s Early Childhood Program. The Family Advocate will also assist with the completion of the child health requirements and other required screenings and assessments while supporting the larger system of the Family Services team. The position may involve reassignment of caseload and/or center location as deemed necessary for program operations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Must have at minimum a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field; Associates in Sociology or Psychology, Human Development, Early Childhood Education or related field. BA/BSW preferred.
· Experience and training related to field of social or human services
· Experience, training, and skills in assisting the parents of young children in advocating and decision-making for their families. Ability to develop positive relationships with children and parents
· Knowledge of community based organizations preferred
· Proficient computer skills required and knowledge of MS Office
· Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families
· Participates in required professional development activities to enhance skills
· Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
· Bilingual English/ Chinese or Spanish strongly preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Family and Community Partnership Coordinator, the Family Advocate shall be responsible for:
· Identify and recruit prospective families through outreach and assists with the enrollment process after determined eligibility. Familiarity with Head Start ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance). Support the center director with maintaining 97% of enrollment at all times.
· Family Partnerships: Manage a caseload of families, working with families on an individualized basis throughout the year to identify family goals, strengths, and necessary services and supports, and to track progress in achieving family goals ( Family Partnership Agreements)
· Community Partnerships: Provide families with appropriate referrals and follow up with families and service providers on referrals
· Record Keeping: Enters child and family information into the approved child tracking system database (COPA /DOE systems). Assist with collecting child health medicals and dentals along with entering health related data into COPA. Submits reports as needed and requested, such as monthly summary tracking reports, etc. Maintains and provides data for the annual Program Information Report (PIR). Records, monitors and follows up on referrals for support services for reporting requirements and ensures that all documentation is current in child’s file and in compliance with ACS/DOHMH regulations
· Governance: Coordinate Class Committee Meetings and Site Committee Meetings and be able to present and facilitate large group discussions such as parent workshops
· Service Coordination: Maintain constant contact with teaching staff in order to integrate family partnership goals with classroom efforts
· Participate in home visits when necessary in regards to any follow-ups, attendance or routine visits
· Ability to effectively communicate with children, families, staff, management, and community partners
· Ability to comprehend and implement the Head Start Performance Standards and policies of Grand St. Settlement Early Childhood Program
· Provide translations in verbal and written form as needed for parents/guardians and program needs
· Assist in the preparation of Universal Pre-K and Kindergarten applications