Finance Financial Aid and Tuition Administrator
Independence Mission Schools is seeking a Senior Tuition and Financial Aid Administrator with three to five plus years of experience. The tuition and financial aid administrator is tasked with managing tuition and disbursing financial aid, scholarships and grants for all IMS schools students. This position requires location flexibility between the King of Prussia accounting office (main location) and Philadelphia school locations. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized and have the willingness to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Distributes financial aid to students based on internal policy and procedures.
· Reporting to and complying with scholarship and tax credit organizations on a consistent basis.
· Contributes to developing and modifying long-term financial aid strategies.
· Monitors compliance with existing State regulations, fiscal impact of changes in State programs.
· Oversees the integrity of scholarship/financial aid data in the admissions database as well as the Student Information System, including aid allocation, reconciliation, and any supplemental activity.
· Provides financial aid-related counseling to prospective, admitted, current families.
· Training of and supervising efforts of new and existing school-based tuition and financial aid managers.
· Develops all communications to prospective, current, and admitted families relating to the financial aid and scholarship programs.
· Resolves issues related to aid and scholarship allocations including working with other departments at Independence Mission Schools.
· Assists with administering outside scholarships.
· Works with the development office in assigning scholarships as necessary.
· Completes the State verification process on an annual basis.
· Performs assessments of special circumstances, documents recommendations and budget appeals to decision makers.
· Packages student aid based on eligibility in compliance with guidelines.
· Works with the Finance and Accounting department to reconcile third party payments and resolve refund discrepancies.
· Assists in the creation and maintenance of State and institutional financial aid policies and procedures.
· Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate disbursement of all student aid throughout the academic year.
· Assists with preparation and coordination of annual Financial aid events for prospective and admitted families.
· Tracks and analyzes various types of data and processes that contribute to achieving the goals of the department.
· Manages the student creation and deactivation process in the Student Information System.
· Participates in all enrollment team meetings and activities and maintains open communications with enrollment staff.
· Performs other related work as needed by the VP of Finance & Accounting
Qualifications and Experience:
· Appropriate experience and Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required.
· Three to five years of related experience required.
· Extensive knowledge of the Tuition & Financial aid management functions including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and compliance.
· Tuition Management software experience on a PC (i.e., TADs, ).
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
· Strong organizational and listening skills
· Self-motivated, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast- paced environment
· High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality as required and appropriate
· Deadline oriented
Physical/Mental/Visual Demands and Work Environment:
· Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer
Successful candidates must be able to clear all background check and clearances.
EOE: IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!