Principal or Vice Principal Founding Elementary School Principal Fellow
Founding Elementary School Principal Fellow
Atlas Preparatory School seeks a founding Elementary School Principal for an opening date of summer 2020. For the 2019-2020 school year, the Elementary School Principal will act as the Middle School Assistant Principal while also preparing to open the Elementary School in the following year. Atlas Preparatory School’s environment welcomes leaders who are relentless in their aim to see student and adult growth.
- Work collaboratively with the middle school leader in year 1 to support the attainment of middle school campus-specific goals and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Head of Schools, Chief of Staff, and Middle School Principal in planning, hiring, and executing the opening of the Elementary School for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Provide strong instructional coaching to teachers that moves the needle on scholar achievement. As well evaluating lesson plans, observing classes, and leading professional development on a regular basis.
- Implement, manage, and evaluate clear and effective procedures for the operation and functioning of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, homeroom and gryphon time programming, and discipline systems.
- Manage student disciplinary issues and work collaboratively with teachers and parents to support students.
- Support teachers and staff in the analysis and use of data to drive instruction.
- Embody the characteristics that the school wishes the students to uphold, especially respect, excellence, authenticity, curiosity, hard work, and professionalism.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director, Head of Schools or Middle School Principal.
School Year 2019-20 (Middle School Assistant Principal / Founding Elementary Principal)
- Renovation/Construction of Building, Hiring Founding Team, Recruit Founding Students, Curriculum/Supplies
School Year 2020-21 (Founding Elementary Principal)
- K-1 Elementary opening with approximately 120 students (Year 1 of Operations)
School Year 2021-22 (Founding Elementary Principal)
- K-2 Elementary continuing with approximately 180 students (Year 2 of Operations)
Qualifications and Experience
- A leader and transformational educator with an unwavering commitment to the Atlas Prep mission.
- Have a clear track record of using structure, incentives, and high expectations to drive student achievement in an urban classroom for at least 3 years.
- Demonstrated, quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass state or local averages.
- Proven teacher leader with experience leading or coaching adults as grade level leader, content area lead, assistant principal, principal, or other campus-based leadership role for at least 2 years.
- Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities, including those with previously low academic achievement in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, especially with parents and community members.
- Flexibility and initiative necessary to contribute to a startup organization.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Professional demeanor.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Three year average compensation will be between $70,000 – $80,000.
- Start Date: July, 2019
Commitment to Diversity
Atlas Preparatory School is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
How do I apply for a position at Atlas Prep?
Interested candidates should watch the Employment Video and read through all materials posted on the employment section of the website. Instructions for what application materials are requested are listed above and include the submission of the following: Resume, Personalized Cover Letter, Two References, Inquiry Form and Relevant Student Achievement Data. Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
What is the student demographic Atlas Prep intends to serve?
Atlas Prep is chartered through Harrison School District Two because it is a historically underserved and underperforming district in Colorado Springs. We currently serve a student of approximately 940 students in the 5th through 12th grade that is 91% free and reduced lunch, 68% Hispanic, 18% White, and 14% African-American.
What is meant by “relevant student achievement data”?
Concrete data that demonstrates candidates have achieved above average performance for their students in the past. Example data may include state / national exam scores, and or other meaningful internal exam data.
What is a charter school, and how is it different from a traditional public school?
A charter school is essentially a public school that has been granted greater autonomy over budget, curriculum, and personnel, in return for greater accountability in the form of expected above average student achievement with a particular demographic of students and or academic model.
How to ApplyPlease follow application instructions at the link below: https://atlaspreparatoryschool.applytojob.com/apply/IyQsaqKac9/Founding-Elementary-School-Principal-Fellow More information on Atlas Prep may be found below: www.atlasprep.org Questions or inquiries may be directed to Matthew Lopez (Director of Talent): email@example.com
580 total views, 1 today