Instructional Support FT School Aide
Phipps Neighborhoods is a 41-year-old multi-service nonprofit providing a comprehensive network of educational and work-readiness programs, as well as critical community resources to more than 10,000 children, teens and adults each year in targeted communities across the Bronx and Manhattan. These programs include: Universal Pre-Kindergarten, after-school, summer camp, literacy and ESOL, HSED, college prep, work readiness, resident support, family programs and more.
The FT aide shall assist the classroom staff in implementing a structured classroom on an as needed basis. The FT Aide shall be responsible for aiding the lead teacher in the implementation of the daily schedule and routine, leading actives, ensuring safety and security of clients, and supervision of clients. The FT Aide shall develop nurturing relationships with the students within a context of consistency and structured routines.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and be New York State certified as an assistant teacher (CDA), as well as have the appropriate training in the field with 3 years prior experience
- Prior experience working in early childhood preferred.
- DOE/DOI Fingerprint Clearance
- SCR Clearance
- Child Abuse and Maltreatment Certificate (taken every 2 years online)
- Infectious Disease Certificate
- Food Handlers Certificate
How to ApplyInterested candidates should go to www.phippsny.org/about/careers and apply for the position. Please be sure to upload a current resume and cover letter for consideration.
44 total views, 3 today