Operations / Administration Future Forward – Project Director
The position manages relationships with Future Forward team members and local implementation partners. This person is the key communication hub for all program implementation and works closely both with the national team and all site-based staff.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and successful at communicating with the team to accomplish program goals.
- Has exceptional customer service skills and is a highly gifted communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Must be comfortable speaking with large groups of high-level officials with local education agencies, schools, and community partnership organizations.
- Educate all stakeholders on implementing the Future Forward model.
- Conduct site visits to build relationships with local teams and community partners and be able to speak with first-hand experience about implementation in various communities.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as requested.
- Review reporting tools for monitoring, tracking, and sharing program implementation.
- Work with site-based staff and national team colleagues to troubleshoot challenges and celebrate successes.
- Assist with the use of the Future Forward platform for reporting to key stakeholders, communication, and resources.
- Assist in broader organizational communications, as available.
- Assist in outreach and engagement with potential new partners, as available.
- Participate in training and continuing education opportunities, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned & agreed upon
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, education, or other relevant fields
- At least five years of communication, education, youth service, or nonprofit experience.
- Experience in organizing, directing, and coordinating multiple diverse stakeholders.
- Bilingual/ multilingual speakers with lived experience and understanding of literacy skill development for bilingual and multilingual communities are highly preferred.
- Travel to Future Forward sites is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone, or by email.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to inspire and empower staff
- Enthusiasm and patience for working with direct service staff.
- Ability to inspire and empower staff, students, and families.
- Proven “customer service” skills with the ability to work through diverse challenges and differing personalities, communities, and work styles.
- A high degree of independence, self-motivation, and creativity.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and team-building skills.
- Management skills and the ability to create and implement learning opportunities.
- High level of creativity and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated examples of managing through a crisis.
- Basic computer literacy and the ability to learn and use new technologies
- $75,000 annual salary
- Annual merit bonuses
- 9 paid holidays of your choosing and 26.5 vacation days/year
- Generous 401k and health benefits
- EA contributes 12% of salary into a 401K for all staff, and we also match up to an additional 3% of salary. So, a staff member who contributes 3% will receive an additional 15% from EA for their 401K. A staff member who does not contribute anything will still receive 12% of their salary and bonus into their retirement.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all–inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We want to let candidates know that EA is a federal contractor with over 50 employees. As the situation has evolved with federal requirements, we now require vaccinations for all employees. Medical and Religious accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Education Analytics undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others. Keep this requirement in mind and please reach out if you have any questions or would like to request accommodation.