Teacher General Education / Special Education Teachers (Grade 4-Grade 7)
Mott Haven Academy Charter School (Haven Academy) is seeking new hires dedicated to progressive teaching practices and providing high quality educational opportunities to underserved communities. Our pioneering educational model combines rigorous, college preparatory instruction with on-site social-emotional supports for our unique population of general community and child welfare students.
Our outstanding educators are provided with unmatched opportunities for rewarding professional growth, are committed to using data to improve student results, possess exceptional professionalism, and embrace our school’s belief that all students, regardless of economic status or family structure, are entitled to learn in a system that gives them the best chance for success.
Join our team as we pave the way for children in foster care in our groundbreaking academic program.
Located just two stops from Manhattan in the Mott Haven section of the South Bronx, our unique educational model combines rigorous, data-driven instruction with a variety of on-site social-emotional supports for our distinctive population of general community and child welfare students.
- Collaborate with a co-teacher to develop and teach highly engaging, academically rigorous curriculum and lessons, aligned with Common Core Standards
- Inspire students to dedicate themselves fully to their education
- Establish and uphold classroom routines to ensure a focused, safe and caring environment
- With guidance, analyze assessment data and use data to inform instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to share best practices and ensure student mastery of standards
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls and conferences
- Facilitate Advisory
- Two or more years of teaching experience strongly preferred
- Masters Degree Preferred; NYS Teaching Certification
- Outstanding instructional skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge students
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a warm and orderly environment
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- Unwavering conviction that all students can learn at a high level
How to ApplySend Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
88 total views, 2 today