School Network Staff Group Leader
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We are dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.
The Group Leader is responsible to work intimately with a small group of elementary, middle school or high school students, helping them achieve their best in both academic and non-academic settings. He/she implements and participates in a range of activities that fully engages participants in an academically and culturally enriching environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and ensure the safety of program participants at all times including classrooms, bathroom breaks, gymnasium time, during trips, and snack time.
- Implement classroom management best practices that engages participants in structured activities at all times.
- Maintain accurate participant attendance, activity and sign-out records.
- Attend trainings to learn development of lesson plans and curriculum in accordance with program schedule, programmatic themes, objectives, and outcomes
- Establish a comfortable learning environment and implement clear, consistent age-appropriate expectations and rules.
- Model appropriate child development practices.
- Uphold program policies, procedures, and proper use of supplies and materials.
- Maintain classroom cleanliness and organization.
- Maintain ongoing open communication with program supervisors and peers.
- Attend staff meetings, professional development workshops and program events.
- Communicate with all staff, parents, children and community members in a polite and respectful manner that represents the program in a professional way.
- Must obtain and maintain annual 15 SACC training hours within 3 months of hire date.
- Actively participate as a mentee to Senior Group Leader
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- The candidate must be at least a High School Senior or have a HS Diploma or HSE
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong classroom management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- Enthusiasm, creativity and initiative
- A strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
How to ApplyInterested Candidates: please apply online providing your resume and cover letter at www.phippsny.org/about/careers by clicking the Job Portal link. In your cover letter please outline why this position is of interest, exactly how your experience matches the qualifications stated and what you believe differentiates you from other candidates. Additionally, please provide your salary requirements. Submissions without cover letters and salary requirements will not be considered.
342 total views, 2 today