5 Mar 2019
Teacher Group Teacher
- Planning- ensure lesson plans reflect unit of study, develop intentional learning activities, identify individualized goals for children, identify what parents can do to help children achieve these goals, and identify classroom materials needed to support curriculum implementation.
- Program Implementation- provide a positive and language-rich environment for children, maintain Head Start Health & Safety Standards, and implement effective and developmentally appropriate whole-group, small-group, and individualized instruction.
- Relationship Building- foster and maintain positive relationships with fellow teachers, family workers, students’ parents and guardians, and key stakeholders (e.g., community partnerships). Work cooperatively with your teaching team to develop lesson plans, activities, and behavior management plans.
- Assessment system- document then assess student performance using Teaching Strategies GOLD, develop differentiated instruction based on on-going student data, and participate in Data Analysis meetings.
- Promoting professional growth- assume responsibility for continued professional growth by engaging in self-reflection, staff meetings, professional development days, training sessions and workshops as assigned.
- Confidentiality-keep all staff and family information confidential.
- Fulfill roles as mandated reporter as stated in Child Abuse and Neglect Polices.
- Perform any other work-related duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Center Director
- NYS Professional ECE Certification (Birth-Grade 2) OR Valid NYS Permanent Certification B-2 or N-6.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children ages 2-4 years old
- A 2.5 minimum culminate undergraduate GPA
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, Masters preferred
- Experience working with low-income populations and diverse cultures
- Completed courses, NYS Mandated Child Abuse Reporter, Preventing Infectious Diseases and Health and Safety
How to Applyhr@bksny.org
155 total views, 9 today