Principal or Vice Principal Head of School
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Hebrew Public believes that the Head of School is essential to the success of their schools. Hebrew Public seeks a Head of School (HOS) to lead staff and student learning at various locations in NYC.
The HOS will lead the school community in achieving its academic and organizational goals, building and maintaining a strong presence in the community, and developing and cultivating enduring relationships with students, teachers, parents, community members and stakeholders. Reporting to the school’s Board and to the Chief Schools Officer, the Head of School will serve as the school’s leader, and will manage a diverse and highly engaged leadership team.
This opportunity is ideal for a visionary and driven individual to play a leadership role in expanding and shaping a school committed to helping students attain high levels of academic achievement.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coach and develop the school’s leadership team and teachers by providing regular, on-going instructional feedback and support
- Build an active, engaged professional learning community among the school’s staff
- Partner with the Hebrew Public and school leadership teams to provide high-quality professional development based on school and teacher needs
- Actively monitor the progress of student and staff growth through collection of formal and informal data; analyze data in collaboration with the leadership team to inform strategic and instructional planning
- Ensure the use of effective, research-based teaching methodologies and practices across classrooms
- Develop and sustain a positive and nurturing school culture rooted in proven SEL practices
- Manage relationships with key stakeholder groups, including parents, teachers, students, the Board of Trustees, community organizations, and the School’s authorizer
- Partner with Hebrew Public’s Chief Talent Officer to recruit and select a team of diverse and skilled educators
- Partner with staff to recruit students
- Work with the Director of Operations to oversee the school’s operations, finances and compliance functions
- Develop both long-term and short-term strategic plans to support school growth and improvement
- Ensure the integration of Modern Hebrew and Israel Studies programs into the school program
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A passion for and record of driving student achievement and overall success in diverse communities
- A commitment to embedded Social and Emotional learning practices throughout the school community
- High standards for student achievement and behavior
- Strong instructional and classroom management expertise with proven results
- A deep belief that all students can thrive in a challenging, high-quality, nurturing and supportive learning environment
- Experience in managing and coaching teachers to great outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a proven record of creating and fostering excellent relationships through teamwork and empathy
- A strong work ethic and commitment to results
- Proven ability and desire to work in a creative and innovative environment
- Charisma and the ability to motivate staff and students toward common goals
- An authentic commitment to the Hebrew Public mission and school model
- Sense of humor
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- A minimum of three years of experience as a successful elementary or middle school teacher, ideally in a public school setting
- A minimum of two years of experience in an educational leadership role, ideally in an elementary or middle school setting
- Knowledge of dual-language methodology and bilingual education practices preferred
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse staff team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyTo apply please go to this website: https://executive-excellence-1.workable.com/jobs/889734
378 total views, 1 today