Teacher **Immediate** Sept 2018-May 2019 Leave Replacement Positions for Science and Art Teacher in Co-Taught Classrooms at Small Progressive Charter School
About Community Roots:
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Currently, Community Roots has 460 students in grades K-8. Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org.
Community Roots is hiring:
A leave replacement teacher for two upcoming positions starting in September 2018 running in succession through May 2019. The initial position is a 7th/8th grade Science co-taught classroom to start the school year and run through the end of October 2018. The second leave replacement teaching position will start in November 2018 within an elementary level Art co-taught classroom. Candidates can apply for both leave positions or each position separately. All content backgrounds will be considered.
Community Roots seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are committed to ensure that every child will succeed
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that a combination of creativity and research generates engaging curriculum
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
- Enjoy their work
- Preference for certification in Teaching Students with Disabilities (Special Education), Science or Art
- Preference for candidate that is working towards or holds New York State Certification
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
How to apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
How to ApplyPlease email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
300 total views, 1 today